News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tellico plains dual sport weekend.

Started by klaviator, September 07, 2020, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'm thinking of setting up a dual sport weekend in Tellico Plains.  We will base out of Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground which is about 5 miles outside of Tellico Plains.

The campground has tent camping as well as some camping cabins.  The cabins need to be booked in advance and sometimes sell out.  Tent camping is unlimited.  Link to campground:  https://cmtrails.com/

Don't ride dual sport?  Come on up and camp with us and ride the great paved roads in the area.

Possible dates are:
18-20 September
25-27 September
16-18 October
23-25 October

These dates are all Friday through Sunday.  The main ride will be on Saturday but I will most likely also ride Friday and Sunday.

So who is interested and what dates would work for you?

KevinB

I just read somewhere (FB post?) that Wayne and Kellie either both had, or had been exposed to, Covid and they were currently closed temporarily. If the two week quarantine applies, hopefully they'll be open in time for the trip.

Sweeper

I am heading to Morganton to help a friend with a new deck on the 15th. Not sure how many days. I have a street ride in Little Switzerland on the 1st. Whatever dates you choose, I see a lot of driving in my near future! ;D

klaviator

I'll call and see what's going on.  If need be we can do this at Hunt's Lodge instead.  It's not quite as nice as CMTC but still a pretty nice campground with a nice bath house and some cabins. 

klaviator

I just called CMTC.  The answering machine said they are closed and hope to re-open around the 15th.  I'm leaning towards the 25th-27th.  If you are interested in coming to this and have a preference then speak up.   I'll try to pick a weekend that will work for the most people.

thinwater

We would like to go, and may wind up not being able to due to unforseen things any weekend.  That said we know we cannot make it the 9/25-9/27 weekend.  Do what you gotta do and we'll try to get it to happen if its not that particular weekend.

TFancher

I'd like to try to make it to this. That said, 9/25-27 is a definite no for me.  Not sure I can do any of them so plan it when it's most convenient for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

klaviator

I'm thinking 16-18 Oct with the following weekend as a backup in case of weather.  I'll try to make a decision soon.

SoloRider73

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: klaviator on September 11, 2020, 07:21:32 PM
I'm thinking 16-18 Oct with the following weekend as a backup in case of weather.  I'll try to make a decision soon.

I might could do these dates.  Since I will be hauling up there I will most likely do Friday - Monday to justify the drive. 

2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

It looks like 16-18 October won't work for me due to my brother coming to visit that week.  That leaves the following options for me:

25-27 September

23-25 October

I know a couple of you can't make the September days. 

Mojo1 is planning a street ride out of Tellico that weekend in October.

Any thoughts?

SoloRider73

I can't do the September dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2372ighost

I can do oct 23-25 dates.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

norton73

Quote from: KevinB on September 07, 2020, 12:52:45 PM
I just read somewhere (FB post?) that Wayne and Kellie either both had, or had been exposed to, Covid and they were currently closed temporarily. If the two week quarantine applies, hopefully they'll be open in time for the trip.

I sent them a message a week or so ago asking if all was well.

Wayne replied that Kellie had been sick, but was okay now.
Loose nut holding the handlebars