T-7 Tenere

Started by norton73, October 27, 2020, 08:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

norton73

norton73

Added Bumot side racks and bags, Adventure Spec crashbars, Cyclops LED turnsignals, a USB port/voltage display, and mounted my GPS over the last couple evenings.

norton73

I made a GPS mount that attaches to a Rally Raid Top clamp the other day. Still a little rough, I wanted to test it before I made it pretty.

Also changed out the side stand with a 25mm shorter one from Camel ADV because of my lowering links.

Stock;

Camel ADV:

No weight saving there, but it's a lot more substantial, has a bigger foot, and is a better length.

norton73

Gam

Quote from: norton73 on September 28, 2021, 06:59:08 AM
Tenere vs KTM 890

https://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/1414541-cycle-news-2021-issue-39-september-28/84?

The KTM 890 seems to be a better bike than my 790, not seeing near the number of complaints on issues that should not happen on the 890. 2 front wheels and 3 sets of rotors and my front brake is still screwed and I have tried every panacea there is for it,  I clean the rotors with a 3m pad every time I ride and it will be tolerable for a while. The simplicity of the T700 is a plus in my book,  I never fool with all those menus,  half the time I am in road mode on the dirt and in dirt mode on the road, and I have yet to fool with all those rally mode settings.  I do like the quickshifter and cruise though.

norton73

Tenere available at Pinnacle motorsports;

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/4342-2021-t700-available-birmingham-al/
  "I've had a deposit at Pinnacle Motorsports in Bessemer for 9 months.  Dealer just called and said they have a 2021 on the way.  It will be there in a week and I'm next in line.  I have a $500 deposit on the bike, and I'm happy to buy it and resell it, but then the new owner ends up paying Alabama sales tax twice.  Would rather transfer the deposit to someone, since I picked up a used T700 back in October.

So, if you are in the market, hit me up.  I'll go with you to the dealer and transfer my spot and deposit to you.  All I ask my deposit back ($500).  The color is the blue 2021 version"

norton73

Nice Goat

Steve and Dean at Allsport really went the extra mile to find me a blue 2022.  They ended up driving to a dealership several hours away to get it for me.  I brought it home yesterday.

I don't intend to go crazy with the farkles, but I had heard that the shock spring is a little soft (70 Nm) for big boys.  So today I installed a Rally Raid 90Nm shock spring.  While I was doing that, I also removed and greased all of the rear linkage bolts and the rear axle.  All of the bolts were "bone dry" except the swing arm bolt.  Set all of the suspension settings to their softest setting until it breaks in a little bit.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

jrobinson

I don't intend.....     :D :D :D :D :D

Quote from: Nice Goat on October 23, 2022, 06:35:56 PM
Steve and Dean at Allsport really went the extra mile to find me a blue 2022.  They ended up driving to a dealership several hours away to get it for me.  I brought it home yesterday.

I don't intend to go crazy with the farkles, but I had heard that the shock spring is a little soft (70 Nm) for big boys.  So today I installed a Rally Raid 90Nm shock spring.  While I was doing that, I also removed and greased all of the rear linkage bolts and the rear axle.  All of the bolts were "bone dry" except the swing arm bolt.  Set all of the suspension settings to their softest setting until it breaks in a little bit.

Merkur Man

That blue color is awesome. I saw one on the Demo line at Barbers.
Congratulations on the new bike purchase.

Nice Goat

I've been collecting some more farkles for it, but haven't had time to install any.  Really don't want to add any weight either.  For example, I have an OEM centerstand, the engine guards I got from Andy, some Tusk saddlebag racks, and a Camel ADV skid plate, all of which will add weight and none of which I really need at this moment.

But I will likely install a taller Puig touring windshield and some Helibar risers this weekend.  And my RAM mounts.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."