Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

March Moto Madness 2021

Started by Al Goodwin, October 29, 2020, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

March 25-28th.

Let's get a group to head up for that weekend, or at least discuss it between now and then.

Melony and I have stayed over where the rally is held one year, and we really prefer Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground.  I was fun being close to the action, so to speak, but there were definite negatives as well.

If one like they can still participate in the planned activities at the rally, we'll just not be staying there.

klaviator

I went last year and stayed at CMTC.  I didn't actually attend the rally, just spent the weekend riding.  If nothing gets in the way I'll be there next year.

2372ighost

I had such a good time riding this area with Win. I'm in.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on October 29, 2020, 03:13:02 PM
I went last year and stayed at CMTC.  I didn't actually attend the rally, just spent the weekend riding.  If nothing gets in the way I'll be there next year.

I'm off work that Thursday thru Sunday....

Melony and I will head out Thursday morning and stay all weekend.  I'm not sure if we'll haul the KLR up or just pack up the Tenere and ride it up, and all around, for the weekend.  Melony said it depends on the weather.....I told her it won't be the first time we rode in the rain one day, snow the next, and then 80 degrees on the way home...LOL

We all know the weather in March is quite unpredictable.

Al Goodwin

March Moto Madness has been officially CANCELLED

However, Melony and I will be in Tellico the last weekend of March riding the area.  Probably staying at Cherohala Mountain Trails campground....depends on how well Melonys back continues to heal.  We'll be in Tellico, cabin or camping.

klaviator

I really don't care about the event.  I'm there to ride.  If the weather is decent I plan on being there.  I'll be staying a CMTC as well. 

2372ighost

I'm still planning on going also.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

thinwater

klaviator

We were out riding in Wheeler yesterday and stopped and talked to some guys on adventure bikes.  One of them said they would be at CMTC at the end of March and were expecting about 40 people there.  He also said he knew Al Goodwin.  They were planning a big fish fry on one of the nights. 

So there will be a big crowd there that weekend.  I think a lot of people who were planning on attending March moto madness will be there even though the event has been cancelled.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on February 22, 2021, 09:51:07 AM
We were out riding in Wheeler yesterday and stopped and talked to some guys on adventure bikes.  One of them said they would be at CMTC at the end of March and were expecting about 40 people there.  He also said he knew Al Goodwin.  They were planning a big fish fry on one of the nights. 

So there will be a big crowd there that weekend.  I think a lot of people who were planning on attending March moto madness will be there even though the event has been cancelled.

FISH FRY....WHOOP WHOOP

So far it's just Melony and I 2-up on the Tenere, and a friend of our riding a new, just last week, GS Adventure.....

Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at Tellico, may ride up to Cruso on Sunday, stay there Sunday night.

thinwater

Not out yet, but wobbling on weather forecast.

klaviator

I'm trying to recover from a nasty cold.  Between that and the Iffy weather forecast I haven't decided yet.

Sweeper

The iffy weather hasn't helped my cause much either. I have to travel Monday through Thursday next week anyway. Let's pick a makeup weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2372ighost

I'm out for Tellico this weekend :(
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Al Goodwin

Yeah, the weather is going to be terrible, but Melony and I are headed that way Thursday.

We'll be trailering our bike up, since Thursday seems to be the worst o the weather.  Maybe we can get some riding in on Friday or Saturday....

I'm a bit disappointed in myself, trailering a bike....geez Louise....am I getting old, or smarter??