News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tennessee dual sport ride Saturday 11/14

Started by klaviator, November 11, 2020, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Edit:  Here's the details:

Meet:  Speedway 1375 Huntsville highway, Fayetteville, TN.  (0n 431 a little south south of Wally World)

Time:   Meet: 9:00  We'll depart around 9:15

This ride will be mostly easy dirt roads and some paved roads as well.  There will be some roads I haven't ridden before so I can't say for sure what it will all be like but I don't expect anything really hard.  Expect to get lost at least once :D

Lunch will be at the Barrel House BBQ in Lynchburg.

I haven't worked out the details yet but I'm planning on a dual sport ride on Saturday.  The weather forecast calls for a cool and dry day.  Most likely we will ride the area East of Fayetteville and have lunch in Lynchburg.  I'll figure out a meeting time and place in the next day or so.

This ride will spend a lot of time on dirt roads but nothing difficult as far as I know so feel free to bring your big adventure bikes.

I expect there will still be some great fall colors.

El Vulch

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Menright

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

El Vulch

Have you decided on a meeting place and time?

Menright

Hope to make. Have a dinner engagement at 5:30 and I have to prepare ribs for it. Have to be home in Harvest by 2:00.

klaviator

I have some stuff going on that might get in the way of this ride.  I should know one way or the other in a few hours. 

If I can do this then we will probably meet just south of Fayetteville at 9. 

I'll post as soon as I know if I'll be able to make it.

SoloRider73

I'm going to pass this weekend. I have some slab riding I'm thinking of doing.  Have fun and try to keep the mud off the top of the mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

OK, I'm good to go on this ride.  I'll go back and change the first post with the details.

klaviator

Quote from: Menright on November 12, 2020, 10:11:17 AM
Hope to make. Have a dinner engagement at 5:30 and I have to prepare ribs for it. Have to be home in Harvest by 2:00.

Come ride with us until lunch and then head home.  You can easily be home by 2.

Menright

El Vulch

Sweeper

Will the ride end at the starting point? Thinking that I may have to haul up, ride, haul home. Just need to plan a place to park.

klaviator

Quote from: Sweeper on November 12, 2020, 05:22:10 PM
Will the ride end at the starting point? Thinking that I may have to haul up, ride, haul home. Just need to plan a place to park.

We'll come back to Fayetteville.  You could probably park at Wally World.