News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Central Alabama Riding

Started by Guidedawg, January 25, 2021, 10:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

Since there was a nice weekend forecast and I had done several honey-dos the weekend prior I figured I would take most of Saturday to ride around a county, document the Historical Register sites (you too can add to that section of this site!) and pick up the photo tag.

But then one of our newer members of my Widows Sons chapter posted on our Facebook page that he would lead a short ride on Sunday morning if anyone wanted to join in and have lunch afterwards.  In the past, it has been very rare for us just to do a chapter ride, so I decided to do that instead.

We met up at the Harley Davidson dealership in Montgomery which is fitting since one of our members works there, one teaches riding instruction there, and most all are HOG members.  (Not me though, I'm still enjoying my Honda VTX)

We ended up with 5 members (which is a very high percentage for us) and 2 guests who are interested in joining.

Our route was a 100 mile leisurely ride but took us through Elmore, Tallapoosa, Macon, and Montgomery Counties.  I was familiar with the backroads we took to Tallassee, but from there we meandered through Tallapoosa County and down through Macon County before taking a break.

The map is a rough estimate at best for the eastern portion because there were several smaller roads and wanderings where I included a more direct route to give a general idea.

We continued through Shorter and towards Montgomery, but avoided main roads and traveled through much of the Pike Road community before snaking our way up and through town to arrive at our lunch spot at a Mexican restaurant

This ride was more about getting out and getting together more than any particular destination or route.  The weather was perfect, the traffic was light, and the camaraderie was excellent.