News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Light Dualsport Street Ride 2021 April 3

Started by thinwater, April 02, 2021, 04:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

Mostly Goat track but a couple of light dualsport rds are low percentage of a route I have in mind tomorrow if someone wanted in on it.  Meet at 10am Shell Station in Ardmore KSU at 10:15, ride to Delina Eat, then do a little familiar North from there up to Henry Horton St Pk then back down in the realm of Petersburg TN on goat tracks ending up at the end of Old RR bed Rd for a return back to Shell station in ardmore or if you are from Huntsville Straight shot South from the North end of Old RR Bed Rd.

Just FYI
I had to edit the year, still not used to writing the current year.

SoloRider73

I'd love to ride, but I'm in the process of moving this weekend. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thinwater

I had a loop created on the GPS 151 miles, unproven 5.13hrs.  I wanted to try it out.  Some of it was dead end abandoned rds so commonly found while searching roads on a GPS layout.  Oh there was a road there 100 years ago, you can still see the remnants of it in places, but it has been long privatized.  Not all was loss, actually only two pieces were like that.  Steep curvy goat tracks were discovered that we haven't been riding, some we've even been riding right past! At least 3 patches of dirt was found that we have not been riding, yes some of it we've been riding right past.  Looking forward to working in some new to us with the favored old this summer.  I had about 200 miles in at the end of the day, rode from 10:15am till near 6pm.  Had a half hour eating break in Flat Creek TN, a 15minute break at Henry Horton State Park, and pretty much the rest was riding.  The Henry Horton St park area sadly is developing out, it is nothing like when I use to go up in that area.  Not really worth repeating that portion of the ride.  I'll modify my now explored route to maximize efficiency and fun and try to figure out the break stops. 

klaviator

Looking forward to riding the new stuff you discovered.