News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State....April 9th-11th

Started by Al Goodwin, March 15, 2021, 04:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Quote from: Merkur Man on March 31, 2021, 08:17:25 PM
SO, how is this McDougle camp for tent camping? The USFS web site shows that its a primitive hunting camp. Is there some level ground that would be suitable for a tent?
If the weather is good for that weekend, I should be able to make it. I really do not like sleeping in a tent, when its wet and muddy out.

It's fine for tent camping.  Go back a few posts to the link to last years event and there are some pics of the campground there. 

Merkur Man

Thanks'. I do see some tents there.
It also looks like I'll need some rain gear, for going thru all those mud holes!!!

David DoubleEX

Doing a quick count, do we just have ~10 people going this weekend?

I'm thinking about food. Allen is bringing the signature 10lbs of bacon and 10lbs of sausage.

I guess I will bring some hamburgers, buns, ketchup, mustard, and chips/snacks. Plus some drinks.

Anyone want to bring hot dogs and buns? Potato salad? Beans? Coleslaw? Any other fixins you can think of? Biscuits?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

klaviator

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 05, 2021, 06:22:03 PM

I'm thinking about food. Allen is bringing the signature 10lbs of bacon and 10lbs of sausage.

I guess I will bring some hamburgers, buns, ketchup, mustard, and chips/snacks. Plus some drinks.

Anyone want to bring hot dogs and buns? Potato salad? Beans? Coleslaw? Any other fixins you can think of? Biscuits?

There is no way of knowing how many will show up until they do.  Some people wait until the last minute to post and some just show up.  Don't be surprised if we end up with 20.

I'll bring some potato salad and cole slaw.  I'll also bring an ice chest with extra room in it if someone needs to keep something cold.

Is someone bringing plates and plastic ware?

klaviator

I stopped by the McDougle Hunting campground today.  It looked to be in pretty good shape.

The outhouse was pretty clean and had some TP but not enough for a big group for a weekend.  I'll bring a couple of rolls.

There was some potential firewood there if someone brings a saw.  Anyone have a chain saw?

thinwater

jrobinson

What time is KSU and the lunch break on Saturday?

Sweeper

I'll bring some dry wood to start and a small chainsaw. I'm trailering all the way from Hartselle so if you need anything else let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWJohn

I am trailering in Friday. Looking forward to this.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Nice Goat

Wish I could make it!  Y'all have a great time!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I'm going to try to get there early on Friday so I have enough time to set up and go for a ride.  I rode around Bankhead on Monday and did some exploring.  I found one road that looked interesting.

It got pretty rutted and steep and I didn't want to try it by myself so I turned around.  I think it goes down to the river. 

I did a number of other dead end roads.  They were nice but all ended at a closed gate. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

klaviator

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 05, 2021, 06:22:03 PM

Normally more people than just AL bring sausage.  It would be nice if everyone would post up what they were bringing.

Sweeper

Quote from: klaviator on April 06, 2021, 04:29:02 PM
I'm going to try to get there early on Friday so I have enough time to set up and go for a ride.
What time are you thinking? I'd like to tag along if that's ok.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Sweeper on April 06, 2021, 06:34:38 PM

Interested in this too. I'm taking off work Friday and I can come as early as I'd like.

klaviator

Quote from: Sweeper on April 06, 2021, 06:34:38 PM

Love to have some company.  I'm thinking of getting there late morning.  Setting up my tent and having a bite to eat then going riding for 2-3 hours in the afternoon.  I'll post some more exact times tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.