News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sporting the Free State 2021

Started by klaviator, April 12, 2021, 04:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

klaviator

I've been thinking about the bridge.  I think that if we bring enough zip ties and duct tape we could fix it and get across :D

norton73

Great report!

Thanks for taking the time to write it up and take all the pictures.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Guidedawg

I always enjoy reading when MotorcycleAlabama members get together for an event!  Thanks for all who work on it and for sharing it with the rest of us.

Mulley

Quote from: klaviator on April 13, 2021, 11:47:04 AM
I've been thinking about the bridge.  I think that if we bring enough zip ties and duct tape we could fix it and get across :D

Wait a minute. All of ya'll together couldn't figure out how to get over that little gap in the bridge?  :o :D

It looks everybody had a pretty good time, minus a few minor mishaps. I was hoping to make it but just couldn't pull it off. Thanks for sharing the pics and report.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

klaviator

Quote from: Mulley on April 13, 2021, 06:37:37 PM
Wait a minute. All of ya'll together couldn't figure out how to get over that little gap in the bridge?  :o :D

It's not that we couldn't figure it out, we just didn't have enough zip ties and duct tape :D

klaviator

For those of you to chicken too ride up the rock wall (and that includes me :D), here's a pic of Al doing it back in 2016 on a KLR with 80,000 miles on it.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on April 17, 2021, 06:03:14 AM
For those of you to chicken too ride up the rock wall (and that includes me :D), here's a pic of Al doing it back in 2016 on a KLR with 80,000 miles on it.

When I look at that wall now, I think "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?"

klaviator

I went back and found this video Johnny shot of that hillclimb.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on April 18, 2021, 04:14:33 AM
I went back and found this video Johnny shot of that hillclimb.

I have never seen that video before.  Thanks for sharing.

Al Goodwin

I found this video, shot in 2015, of Melony and I, 2-up, on the KLR coming up from the river.  It was dry that year.

.https://youtu.be/_UTzNEF13ls