News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Solo ride to, and around Tellico Plains

Started by lazeebum, May 20, 2021, 08:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

My lovely wife,  Jan got an opportunity to go to beach with her sister and nieces. They were going to be gone for six days.  It was a perfect opportunity for me to do some gravel riding around Tellico Plains.

Sent from my SM-A015A using Tapatalk

lazeebum

I left around 9 on Friday morning, and headed out. Being anxious to get to the Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground,  I headed east on US 64.
To me, it's a scenic ride through  some mighty fine farms and hills. I took the quickest route I knew that didn't involve interstate highways. I made it to the campground in about five hours with a gas, and food stop. I set my tent up and  headed out for a  short ride.
I rode past  Bald River Falls, and rode North River Road up to the Cherohala Skyway. Then took the  Skyway back to Tellico Plains and the campground.
As luck would have it, there was a  Klrforum rally there. I had the pleasure of meeting other klr owners.  They're a nice group. They invited me to ride with them,  but, as many of y'all know,  I'm a slow rider, so I didn't join in a group ride.

lazeebum

Here's a few more pictures.

norton73

I see a chicken crossing the road joke in there somewhere...
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Guidedawg

It's a Gypsy Chicken asking why no one is in Key West right now.

lazeebum

Quote from: norton73 on May 21, 2021, 07:32:51 AM
I see a chicken crossing the road joke in there somewhere...
It's a wild chicken. Lol... And when I got closer,  it took off like a quail.