News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Wetumpka Weogufka Clanton Slapout Loop

Started by RnineT, June 26, 2021, 01:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnineT

Lord gave us a beautiful day for a ride.  Did the Wetumpka, Weogufka, Clanton, Slapout loop from the Motorcycling Alabama book.  Plenty of reasons to take it easy on this route including deer, wild pigs, dogs, and Coosa County pot holes that would swallow a bike.  This ride has everything from 4 lane speed to 2nd gear narrow forest roads, beautiful scenery, plenty of Coosa River crossings, Flagg Mountain where you can begin your hike at the southern terminus of the Pinhoti Trail (which provides the access to the Eastern Continental Trail, the Great Eastern Trail, and the Appalachian Trail- or just rent a cabin for the night), Peach Park for homemade ice cream & peach cobbler , and the Confederate Memorial Park and Museum - to name a few.  If you take this trek- be cautious on Co. Road 55 -it badly needs repair (the county is working on part of it).  Some of the roads are more fitting for an enduro, but a 2 wheeled Winnebago could traverse at the right pace and with caution. We didn't take time to stop and take photos, but the opportunity was there for sure. Top your tank off before departure on this one because once you are out in the woods there is no gas and cell coverage would be spotty at best.

KevinB

Sounds like a nice loop...love that bike!

Guidedawg

That (with slight modification) is my favorite loop so far, and one I enjoy riding. I hate that I was otherwise occupied but glad y'all had a good ride.