Saturday, 8/28/21: Dixie ABATE ride to Florence to welcome a FNG

Started by KrisCook, August 26, 2021, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisCook

Any old reason to ride, right?  A couple, Steve and Amanda Markham, moved to Florence from Pennsylvania, where they were members of Pennsylvania ABATE.  They got in touch with me and I said heck, if you don't know anyone here, you do now!  So we're just spreading a little love.  They are even going to join on Saturday.  I'll ride about anywhere to pick up a handful of money and give someone a patch. 

A few of us have called a flash mob: 11:30 AM on Saturday, be at Sam's Sports Grill, 339 Seville Street, Florence, AL  35630.  Our social media guy, Andrew Holm, is going to lead a ride from there, determined by the weather.  It may be a Waterloo loop, a loop down through Moulton and through Bankhead, a loop up into Tennessee, ride to be called on the fly.  If you're good with that, please come! 

I'm leaving Birmingham at 8:30 from the Walmart in Adamsville on 78.  The address there is 2473 Hackworth Road.  I'll be prominently in the parking lot out in the empty part and I'll take 22, 269, 195, 243, 43, 72, and 157 to get up there. 

Should be a great day!

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

mojo1

I hate that I missed this, I grew up in Florence and would have liked to gone, but to much other stuff going on and didn't see this until now.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

KrisCook

Quote from: mojo1 on August 31, 2021, 07:20:59 PM
I hate that I missed this, I grew up in Florence and would have liked to gone, but to much other stuff going on and didn't see this until now.

Next time!  I'll try to get some pics from the ride posted up.   We rode to Waterloo and up into Tennessee on the Natchez Trace.  Andrew led us on a lot of great curvy roads, with NO traffic.  It was a great day, if a long one. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom