News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2021 Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival, Oct 8-10

Started by Chitza, September 06, 2021, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

HELLO, Moto_AL! It's time for Vintage Fest! And boy have I missed it! As most of us know, last year was cancelled. So far, this year is still on with a warning that it could be cancelled at any time. Keep your fingers crossed.

We will be in the same booth at the Swap Meet, Row K, booths 10-12. Make your plans to stop in and see us. We will have water, soda, adult beverages  8), and food.

If you have any donations to be delivered or picked up, let me know and I will make arrangements. I know we have all had time to organize and purge motorcycle gear, parts, etc., in the last 18 months. Donate that stuff for us to sell for the forum and come visit us at the Swap Meet.

VINTAGE ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1. There will be a trailer work day at my house in Jasper on Saturday, Sept 11. We'll be washing the trailer, cleaning and organizing inside, installing solar POWAH(What???) and some maintenance. There will be food so let me know if you're coming so I can plan for that. I will be starting early(around 7:00am), but you show up when you can. Any leftover work will continue on Sunday if you can't make Saturday. Just an FYI, there are lots of good riding roads, DS riding and even some woods riding on my property if you want to bring a bike. If you want to ride and camp from Saturday to Sunday there is also plenty of room and trees for hammocks available as well as an outdoor shower/bathroom.

2. Our current Vintage team is as follows: me, @LawnmowerRG, @IceCold4x4, @KrisCook and @maydaymike. We are down one team member, so if you are interested in joining the Swap Meet team, there is a 3 day armband and camping pass up for grabs. The team is responsible for set up, tear down and some shifts at the booth during swap meet hours(this is VERY flexible).

Hope to see you all at Vintage!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

jrobinson

Due to races, my time on weekends are limited, but I think I can give you 3-4 hours on Saturday. Let me know if I need to bring anything.

I'm available to help setup at Vintage if needed and should be there most of the day on Friday.

Chitza

Don't need anything, Johnny, but thanks for the offer. It will be good to see you!

Chitza

We are getting closer by the day! The trailer is loaded and ready for some general maintenance and cleaning.

If you plan on attending the Vintage Fest, stop by and see us in the Swap Meet, Row K, booths 10-12.
We have an all new set up this year.

If you have donations(parts, gear, Moto related stuff), hit me up and I will arrange pick up or drop off. I hear there's a Kazuma up for grabs this year  8)

When we get set up, if will start a "411" thread to keep everyone up to date on parking, crowd attendance, rules and any other pertinent news as things are usually very fluid as the event progresses. So look for that to help you navigate your visit easily.

LawnmowerRG

Well the Rona is slowing me way down. I'm fine but it hard to get anything done when you "can't" go anywhere. I thank God I have a mild case. I will get up to your place Karla and get the trailer back this way in the next couple weeks.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Chuck & Susan

RG, I hope you get over that crap quick.

I'm In for the weekend!! Sure will be good to see everyone!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

norton73

I'll be cleaning the garage up in the next few weeks. I already had a box of stuff for last year, I'm sure I will find a few more gems to donate. 

I ordered a tire from The Bike Shop for Lynn's bike the other day. Clark is supposed to call me when he gets it in. Can I drop stuff off there when I get the tire mounted?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chitza

Chitza

Only two more weeks before Vintage! If you have items, gear or parts collecting dust in your garage, you can donate those to us to sell at Vintage. Let me know and I will arrange convenient drop off or pick up!

jrobinson

I'll be happy to use my place as a drop off in N. Alabama

klaviator

I'm hoping to be there Friday and Saturday.  I've got a couple of things to sell.  I'll just bring them there directly.

Chuck & Susan

I think the tent is still good to go for the weekend ahead. Thought I would open it up for a test on the trailer. Wishing I could have been at Tellico prior to Barbers but that didn't work out.

Chuck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066