News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Rally for the Galley Montgomery - April 9

Started by Guidedawg, March 07, 2022, 09:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

As usual, I am helping promote this annual motorcycle-centered charity event.

Unlike most charity rides, this is a series of short hops between churches that have been gathering supplies to donate to a food pantry.  Nevertheless, it is a lot of fun and excellent camaraderie.  Motorcycles gather at Heritage Baptist Church in Montgomery (KSU at 8AM) and will divide into 2 groups, each taking a different route and 8 of the 16 churches currently involved.

At each stop riders will park and then load the donated items into support vans and trucks that follow.  At the conclusion of the ride, bikers will go to the center where most items will have already been offloaded, but may assist with stocking the last load.  It ends around lunch time and we usually gather there for grilled burgers and hot dogs and fellowship time.

Let me know if any of you plan to attend.

NOTE: This poster is for the churches involved.  Riders are not expected to bring donations, just ride to the designated stops to pick them up.  The churches get a kick out of seeing bikers ride up to assist.

Guidedawg

This event is still on for a cold morning tomorrow.  There is an east route and a west route.  Riders will be divided to take one or the other, visit 7 stops and return to the center for grilled food.

Registration begins at Heritage Baptist Church at 7:30 (free registration) and KSU at 8:30 (Instructions at 8:00)

Will any central Alabama riders be joining me?