News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Plans for 2022?

Started by Guidedawg, December 30, 2021, 08:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

Every year I think this will be a good year to take off to ride the Natchez Trace, Tail of the Dragon, or any of those other fairly local areas that offer great riding.  However, that always involves planning a few days off and travel and life inevitably throws other things in to do instead and those usually involve family and a car.

So, this year I hope to explore more of my own state since I can take on many sections as a day trip.  My habit in the past was to take a county and explore a lot of it with visiting the historical buildings.  It is enjoyable to me to research the locations and learn a bit of the history.  However, this year I'm making it a personal goal (well, okay it's also a challenge from another group) to visit as many of the county courthouses so that will be just driving through and taking a pic.

I realize that was a section of the old site, but I tried to make it easier on all of us earlier this year by starting a section of just visiting ANY part of a county (not necessarily the county seat) and documenting your trip so that as a group we could travel the entire state.

Why not revisit my post that includes links to the other sections of this site?

https://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=4318.0

We don't all write reports, but we can all ride around our own counties and then explore some more.  I just encourage you to take a pic or two along the way to populate the county "game" and contribute to the documentation of the National Register of Historic Places section.

Heck, I might even take a pic of my odometer as Moto Guzzi's thread from the beginning of this year encouraged.  I know it won't be much at the end of the year, but it will give me a good idea.

It's safe to assume a goal for all of us is to enjoy some time on our bikes, but do you have any specific goals/ideas in mind for yourself?

klaviator

I'm planing on having another great year of riding in 2022, even better than 2021 which was very good.  I haven't made definite plans for 2022 yet but most likely rides will include:  Moab and Tellico in April, New Mexico in May, Ohio in June, Maggie Valley in July and again in August, Saluda in September and Tellico in October.  I'm going to have to work in Little Switzerland in there sometime.

Of course when I'm not out of town I'm hoping to do a bunch of local rides.  I'd like to make it to the Barber Small Bore event and Vintage Festival as well.