News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ultra cheap motorcycle/scooter from Honda

Started by klaviator, January 08, 2022, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

klaviator

The first of these have hit the streets of the USA.  Actual OTD prices are around $2200 - $2600.

hawkvtx

Young fellow I work with rides a Grom. Loves it. Not sure it would pull my fat ass.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

Merkur Man

40 years ago I would have no problems riding a small underpowered bike like that around. Nowadays with so much road rage on the highways, I prefer to ride something that can get me out of, and away from a potentially dangerous situation, quickly and as fast as I can.
Even on roads that are posted at 35-45 mph, everyone now drives 55-65!
I owned a Honda ZB50 back in 1988. It was a super cool and fun bike to ride. Fully street legal, turn signals, luggage rack and it even had a steering lock, which was kind of ridiculous since the bike only weighed maybe 150 pounds! I would never ride something like that to work today.

klaviator

Here in Huntsville most drivers are pretty mellow and riding a small under powered bike is not a problem.  I ride around all the time on a 150cc scooter.  The Navi on the other hand is only good for 50 MPH and would be a bit too slow.  A Grom would work fine here.  I recently saw a Grom going the other way on I-565.  The rider was tucked in and I'm sure had the throttle pinned.