News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Which Honda dealership

Started by lk2rd, January 19, 2022, 05:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lk2rd

Which Honda dealership would you choose for a new bike and why.  Limited to Montgomery and north to Tennessee line.

Sweeper

Wish I could help but I don't know of one. I had good service at the one in Cullman but that was on a PWC. Last time I was in there, they had about three new motorcycles. I picked up a CRF300L last summer and still have a little warranty left so I'll be watching for answers too.

klaviator

My local Honda dealer doesn't have the best reputation (Freedom Powersports, Huntsville) but if I wanted to buy a Honda I'd give them a shot.  If they wouldn't give me a good deal I'd shop around. 

Are you looking for a dealer that will give you the best price or one with a good service department? 

lk2rd

At this point, I'd say best price since I usually do my own servicing.  That said, I'd rather give my business to a shop that treats customers right.

klaviator

There are two dealers in Alabama that I would absolutely recommend, Allsport and Max motorsports.  Unfortunately neither is a Honda Dealer. 

Merkur Man

I was told last weekend by a salesman in Oxford, that SPEEDZONE will officially be changing their names to Mountain Motorsports.
Both the Oxford and Gadsden stores are now owned by this huge conglomerate.
I have never purchased a new (or used) bike from either dealerships, but have spent money on parts and accessories from them.
At the Oxford store, the salespeople don't seem to mind that I come in often to look at bikes. He also said that if I were to find a bike at one of their other dealerships in Georgia, It could be trucked to the Oxford store.....For Free!!Lol..

Mulley

Quote from: Merkur Man on January 19, 2022, 09:00:48 PM
I was told last weekend by a salesman in Oxford, that SPEEDZONE will officially be changing their names to Mountain Motorsports.
Both the Oxford and Gadsden stores are now owned by this huge conglomerate.
I have never purchased a new (or used) bike from either dealerships, but have spent money on parts and accessories from them.
At the Oxford store, the salespeople don't seem to mind that I come in often to look at bikes. He also said that if I were to find a bike at one of their other dealerships in Georgia, It could be trucked to the Oxford store.....For Free!!Lol..

I tried to buy a bike from the Oxford location last June. I laughed in the salesman's face and walked out. It was ridiculous how bad they were taking advantage of people. I have no use for shady bull crap.

I had my daughter with me, trying to buy a TTR110 and a full set of gear, head to toe. Hopefully it was a learning experience for her.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

klaviator

Unfortunately many smaller dealerships have been bought out by bigger companies and they tend to be focused on making as much money as they can by charging all the fees they can get away with.  I would be very careful about doing business with any dealer that is part of a chain.

Nice Goat

I purchased my DR650 from Mountain Motorsports in Lithia Springs with no hassle and no additional fees.  They were pleasant to deal with.  But that was several years ago also.  YMMV
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

TFancher

If you're willing to go as far as Chattanooga, I would recommend Southern Honda Powersports. I purchased a 300L Rally there back in October and I paid MSRP plus taxes and tag. No dealer fees. They will be my go to dealer in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Nice Goat

Quote from: TFancher on January 28, 2022, 10:36:56 AM
If you're willing to go as far as Chattanooga, I would recommend Southern Honda Powersports. I purchased a 300L Rally there back in October and I paid MSRP plus taxes and tag. No dealer fees. They will be my go to dealer in the future.

I've been meaning to find somebody that I trust to answer this question:

How does the power of the Honda 300L compare to the 250L?  I'm sure it won't rip your arms off, but is it a noticeable difference?

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

norton73

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 29, 2022, 01:23:47 PM

How does the power of the Honda 300L compare to the 250L?  I'm sure it won't rip your arms off, but is it a noticeable difference?

Find yourself a used 250 and go for a 305 kit;

https://bandbcyclerestoration.com/page-2

The actual price is $563, the buy it now price includes the core charge for the exchange cylinder.

I have the 351 kit for the KLX that he sells. Good stuff.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 29, 2022, 01:23:47 PM

Paging @sweeper to the white courtesy phone.

Randy went from a 250L to a 300L and should be able to answer this question.  He told me it was a noticeable difference.

Sweeper

My 250 was stock except for up two on rear sprocket. The stock 300 pulls better in every gear. I'm thinking of trying a 42 on it later. Love the 300 except for the suspension. It's fine as a play bike but is too soft otherwise. The gearing is much easier for trails with less shifting and a one finger clutch pull. It was about $1500 more than my 2017 250l. Worth it to  me. You're welcome to ride it if like @Nice Goat.
Suspension is on order so it won't be stock come April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

Quote from: Sweeper on February 01, 2022, 08:35:24 PM
Love the 300 except for the suspension. It's fine as a play bike but is too soft otherwise.

Sincerely, can  you explain to me what too soft suspension feels like, bottoming out?  I've been on bikes I thought were too stiff (uncomfortable), I've been on comfortable bikes that I thought is was because they were soft that they were comfortable.  I don't know what too soft feels like, maybe because I haven't been on one.  Maybe mine is too soft and I don't know it.  What problems or things you notice or feel, comes from a bike being too soft, or how do you determine that it is too soft.