News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State.... May 19-22

Started by Al Goodwin, February 19, 2022, 08:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Alright ...it's that time again.  We'll be setting up everything on Thursday at McDougle Camp in Bankhead National Forest.  Possible ride Friday, cookout Friday night...Breakfast served Saturday morning before a fantastic loop through the Free State of Winston and Bankhead National Forest.  Lunch at Chef Troy's...then another night of tall tales and meat on the grill. 

More details to come later ...I just wanted to get the dates out there now

So....come RIDE WITH US !!!!

Sweeper

I know it will be hard to believe but I have a trip planned already.  :D I really hate to miss it but my spring ride with the VFR crowd has been going on for about fifteen years.

klaviator

I'll try to make this.  My wife's birthday is on the 22nd so I may have to miss the last day.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on February 24, 2022, 09:11:17 PM
I'll try to make this.  My wife's birthday is on the 22nd so I may have to miss the last day.

Saturday night won't be the same without you ...please say you'll stay Saturday night for the stories, lies, truths, and NON-Political discussions

Merkur Man

That is the weekend after the Eastern V-Strom rally, which I plan to attend and camp.
If I'm not too sore, and my camping gear survives from that event, I will be there.
I had a good time last year.

2372ighost

I put it on the calendar. I've had a hip replacement, hope to be ready.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

klaviator

Quote from: Al Goodwin on February 28, 2022, 09:25:25 AM
Saturday night won't be the same without you ...please say you'll stay Saturday night for the stories, lies, truths, and NON-Political discussions

Well it looks like I will miss about half of this.  Debbi's birthday party will be on Saturday.  I will show up on Thursday, ride Friday and stay for Friday night dinner and Saturday breakfast but then I'll have to pack up and head for home.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Sweeper

Quote from: TWJohn on April 23, 2022, 07:26:18 PM
Nice, I will plan on coming out.
Who dis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter Tynes

klaviator

TFancher

I'm there. Y'all, you don't want to miss this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Joey A

I can't make it for the Friday night camp but interested in the Saturday ride. I would trailer up from the Birmingham area Saturday morning early enough to make the 9:00 AM start time. Will there be enough room to park a truck and trailer at McDougle camp site?
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged
2021 KTM 890 ADV R

klaviator

Quote from: Joey A on May 15, 2022, 09:44:01 PM
I can't make it for the Friday night camp but interested in the Saturday ride. I would trailer up from the Birmingham area Saturday morning early enough to make the 9:00 AM start time. Will there be enough room to park a truck and trailer at McDougle camp site?

There is plenty of room.

Al Goodwin

ITS ALMOST HERE !!!

I'll be there late afternoon Thursday to start setting up.  Probably to a bit of exploring on Friday....then again, it's been a long 60 hour work week ....I may just lounge around Friday.