News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State.... May 19-22

Started by Al Goodwin, February 19, 2022, 08:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

I'll be there early Friday morning and plan on doing some riding on Friday.  I need to head back home Saturday morning after breakfast.

Merkur Man

I'm sorry, but I will not make this ride. My Granddaughter has a dance recital on Saturday.
You'll have a good time.

mojo1

I will be there early Friday morning {8 to 8:30 }
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

David DoubleEX

I will be there Friday after work. Between 6 and 7. Bringing the WR426. Not sure if we are planning to ride Flint Creek while we are there... But we should. I know that sometimes a group breaks off and heads to Flint Creek before lunch, and inevitably ends up late to lunch. I can lead us to Chef Troys after Flint Creek if we want to do that.

I picked up some food today. A 1lb container (medium size) each of baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad.  Some buffalo chicken dip and assorted chips. 10 hot dogs/sausages with buns. A few snacks and drinks.
It's not enough to feed everyone but everytime I come, I bring too much food. So I tried to cut back a little bit by still bringing too much food, but less too much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Joey A

Out of curiosity about how long is the ride the Free State loop and is there a gas stop before and or after lunch at Chef Troy's? Just trying to plan out fuel for the ride.
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged
2024 Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Joey A on May 18, 2022, 09:34:46 PM
Out of curiosity about how long is the ride the Free State loop and is there a gas stop before and or after lunch at Chef Troy's? Just trying to plan out fuel for the ride.

100 +/- miles.....gas stop only 2 miles from Chef Troys

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Merkur Man on May 18, 2022, 05:27:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I will not make this ride. My Granddaughter has a dance recital on Saturday.
You'll have a good time.

Sorry to hear you can't make it

Al Goodwin

It's going to be HOT Friday and Saturday.... raining Sunday ....

TWJohn

I will try to be in either Friday night or Saturday morning.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

I wish Ii could have stayed for the Saturday ride but I had a good time riding on Friday and camping and eating Friday night.  Thanks AL for setting this up again.

A few pics from Saturday:

klaviator

Merkur Man

It looks like you had a good crowd there. I hate that I missed it.
Do I see someone riding 2 up on a KTM 690! ???  Now that's hard core. I would not try that on mine.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Merkur Man on May 26, 2022, 06:29:45 PM
It looks like you had a good crowd there. I hate that I missed it.
Do I see someone riding 2 up on a KTM 690! ???  Now that's hard core. I would not try that on mine.

And he showed his passenger no mercy...that kid was hanging on with one hand and throwing the other around like he was riding a bull ....GOOD TIMES