News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Chef Troy’s RTE Dec 31.

Started by LawnmowerRG, December 15, 2022, 09:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawnmowerRG

Anyone up for a ride to Chef Troys for the last ride of the year?

In the long range forecast it looks like 50 and some rain. I'm game to put it on the books though.

Plan would be to have rides from all over meet for lunch. Like we have done in the past. Pick vagrant bikers on the way.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Chuck & Susan

This one might take some thought but I am interested.

I'll talk to my co-pilot about this one.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

I'm interested.  I'll be watching the weather.  I just put it on ADV.  If the weather is OK I'm sure I could get a group together to ride down from North Alabama.

Merkur Man

Interested. I don't mind riding when its cold, but if its raining and cold, not so much.
Lets hope the weather is nice that day.

norton73

We'll be out of town unfortunately. I enjoyed the last one we did.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrobinson

I'm interested. I'll know more after Christmas.

klaviator

It looks like it will be plenty warm for this, the question is will it be dry enough?

klaviator

The forecast is not looking good  for Saturday although we all know how accurate the weather "forecasters" are.  Thursday is looking good for a ride so I plan on going riding and that may just be my last ride of the year.  Anyone else interested?  Chef Troy's is open on Thursday.

Merkur Man

I agree, the forecast for Saturday does not look good. I don't think that I will make this ride.

However, Sunday is looking good for a New Years day ride. I was thinking of a street ride up thru Little River Canyon.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to eat lunch near Fort Payne? Since its a holiday, that means it may only be Waffle House that's open.

Al Goodwin

Rain Saturday, but, I can ride in the rain, and I can ride when it's cold....but I HATE riding in a cold rain.

If it's over 50 degrees, even in the rain.....I'll be there.

klaviator

I'll wait until the last minute to decide on this.  Come Saturday morning it may be just fine.  The forecast sucked for the Gymkhana a few weeks ago and we cancelled.  The rain ended early and we could have done it after all.

LawnmowerRG

So, I have been in The mountains of North Carolina with no service the last 4 days.
If it's not pouring rain I plan to ride.

MM if you do a Sunday ride I may just join you.

LawnmowerRG

Let's make the target arrival time 12:30 to 1. This should allow people over 2 hours out to Miss most of the rain at this point. According to the hourly forecast at this point anyway.

klaviator

I forgot that I have out of town guests coming this weekend.  I can't go even if it's 80 and sunny :-[

Merkur Man

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on December 29, 2022, 03:22:45 PM
So, I have been in The mountains of North Carolina with no service the last 4 days.
If it's not pouring rain I plan to ride.

MM if you do a Sunday ride I may just join you.

Sunday, I will be meeting another rider, (Keith who rides a Sportster) in Hokes Bluff at the Huddle House near hwy 278. KSU at 10:00. We'll ride towards Leesburg, then up thru the canyon. If its open we'll stop at the Canyon Café on hwy35 for lunch.

Not sure if Custmmc (Ron) is going. There is a Facebook group planning a Dual Sport ride in the TNF. He may hook up with them.