News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Is the Stockton, AL ride-in still alive?

Started by basketcase, December 23, 2022, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basketcase

Seems that years ago there was a New Year's Day ride to a restaurant in Stockton, AL. IIRC it was called the Wagon Wheel.

Is that ride still a thing, or has it gone away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Current rides: 2001 GL1800; Gone away: 5 BMW's, 4 Honda's, 3 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius

Chuck & Susan

Yes it is still alive. But it is held on Dec. 30th each year. No matter what day or how the weather is.

At the moment the weather looks like rain about 50% chance. It's just water Come on and visit.

It's the Stagecoach restaurant on Hwy 59 in Stockton Al.

I live just a few miles away and will be there.

LawnmowerRG has a thread started where he may be comming down from B'ham area. Here is the link to that one.

http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=4451.0

Hope to see ya there!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Merkur Man

I went down a day earlier last year on the 29th. It rained a lot on the way down from Oxford, but I wanted to ride some back roads instead of blasting down the freeway.
I spent the night over in Bay Minette at a place called the Log Cabin Inn, if I remember right.  It's an old school style hotel with the rooms facing out towards the parking lot. It's nice being able to just walk right out of your room to the bike.
It was warm and a bit humid the next day over in Stockton at the Wagon Wheel. Seemed like a good turn out to me.

basketcase

Thank you for the reply and the correction.

Two of us from the Tuscaloosa area used to make that ride, but life got busy and the last time we made it was in 2004. Then just the other day he asked me about it and my recollection was fuzzy.

I'm putting it on my calendar, so we'll see how the weather and other factors shake out.

Thanks again. Merry Christmas to all! And keep the shiny side up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Current rides: 2001 GL1800; Gone away: 5 BMW's, 4 Honda's, 3 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius