News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Motorcycle dream home for sale.

Started by scrappyjon, September 19, 2015, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappyjon

Any of you super rich people looking to buy the coolest loft available in downtown Birmingham in Lakeview, then look no further.

If you buy this place, my finders fee is that you will allow me to come whenever I want, drink your beer and work on my bike in your living room. 

http://www.realtysouth.com/Redir.aspx?l=158292051

scrappyjon

Apparently it belongs to Landers Sevier. The owner of Tech 46.

catang5oh

We can go in halves, that's a hell of a deal.

springer

NICE GOAT!

No racetrack though.  :( Motorcycle dream homes need a racetrack, miles of dirt trials, and a big lake. So you can ski and  fish when you are not riding.  :)

Dream BIG.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

scrappyjon

I thought that was a gto. Maybe a 67? We had a 69 when I was a kid and no I was not around in 69. My dad had one new but got rid of it so he decided to "buy my mom" one for their anniversary.

springer

Quote from: scrappyjon on September 19, 2015, 09:16:12 PM
I thought that was a gto. Maybe a 67? We had a 69 when I was a kid and no I was not around in 69. My dad had one new but got rid of it so he decided to "buy my mom" one for their anniversary.
It is, a 66 or 67, GTO. Also called a GOAT.  :) Cause it eats up everything in site.  :) I had a 65 that I wish I never sold.  :-[

Some folks thing GTO means Gran Turismo Omologato. As a person who has owned one, I can tell you it means Gas, Tires, and Oil.  ;D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

scrappyjon

Quote from: springer on September 19, 2015, 09:23:43 PM
Quote from: scrappyjon on September 19, 2015, 09:16:12 PM
It is, a 66 or 67, GTO. Also called a GOAT.  :) Cause it eats up everything in site.  :) I had a 65 that I wish I never sold.  :-[

Some folks thing GTO means Gran Turismo Omologato. As a person who has owned one, I can tell you it means Gas, Tires, and Oil.  ;D

Yeah. I know about the "goat" I just wasn't sure if it was a goat or not. Once you got that thing warmed up it would burn some serious rubber.

This house seriously is awesome. Even my wife says it's awesome. Too bad it's $1.5 mill.

springer

catang5oh

Can't see a hood scoop, just the hood mounted tac, could be a Lemans. But still one sweet ass car and house. GTO had a ram air hood that could be made functional, Lemans didn't.

scrappyjon

Quote from: catang5oh on September 20, 2015, 08:38:03 AM
Can't see a hood scoop, just the hood mounted tac, could be a Lemans. But still one sweet ass car and house. GTO had a ram air hood that could be made functional, Lemans didn't.

My guess would be with the money involved in building this place and all the sweet bikes that he wouldn't waste his money on a tempest or a lemans. I'm guessing it's the real thing. There are a lot of fakes out there though. But I would take a gto replica over not having a gto. I actually really like the new ones they made in the early 2000's. I know I'm in a minority though. I wish gm would bring Pontiac back so they could have a stab at making one. Dodge and Chevy are doing a really good job with the challenger and camaro.

Trans am depot makes one if you don't mind spending $150k on one.

scrappyjon

Also I think the hood tach was only added on a ram air model. The non ram airs didn't have it stock.

springer

Quote from: catang5oh on September 20, 2015, 08:38:03 AM
Not that model GTO. Ram air started with the new body style that came out in 1968. The scoop on the first Gen Goats had fake scoops.
The car in the picture is a GTO. While the Goat and Lemans shared a body the Goat had some extra body add on the Lemans did not. The 65 year goat, like the one I had, was a shorter body.