Birthday party for Buzz at Kris' place Saturday, Feb 25, 2023

Started by KrisCook, February 23, 2023, 06:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisCook

It'll be my usual low-rent bonfire-burning-tall-tale-telling good time in my back yard.  I'm in Forestdale at 1125 Beaver Avenue.  You can show up any time after 4 PM.  Karla's rustling up some food and I'm baking a cake.  Rodney is furnishing a special incendiary cake that we won't be able to eat once it's lit.  I have some booze and beer, but if you're picky about your own brand, bring your own.  I have chairs.  The Yeti will make an appearance. 

Come on over and hang with us.  I have plenty of room if anyone wants to spend the night.   :)  I think the weather is going to cool back down, so the fire will feel just right.
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Chuck & Susan

Susan and I will be in Tallahassee on Saturday. That sounds like a good time with good peps. I'm sure there will be stories to be told during and after the party!!

And Happy Birthday BUSS!!!!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Mulley

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

klaviator

So how was the party......or is everyone still sleeping it off?

KrisCook

Well, it's hard for me to be objective, because anywhere there's a fire, I think it's a first-rate time.  But I think it was a hell of a party. I had to figure out how to make Buzz's request - a peanut butter cake!  I baked the cake and made the icing from scratch, and it seemed pretty good to me.  So since any good birthday cake also needs to be an incendiary device, and since Buzz is getting pretty old, I also baked a pan of brownie with peanut butter cookie on top, then put about 400 matches in it, all sticking straight up.  When we lit that sucker, no one could blow it out! 

I was drinking too much beer so my videos are mostly hard to listen to because of me rolling with laughter, but I'll post them up when I figure out how to do it.  I'm currently trying to get Smugmug to upload the stuff off my iphone so that I can put a link here.  I thought I had Photobucket, but it just informed me that my account has been deactivated. 

Kyle made a blowtorch out of a big water jug, which I had been using for a drum.... who knew alcohol would burn with that nice blue flame? 
Karla made KILLER lasagne, salad, and bread, so we all got too full. 
It was like old times, which makes me happy down to my toes.
Check back for bad vids. 
I can't wait to do it again.   :)

All right.  I figured out pictures.  Now to figure out video.  Stay tuned - the videos are best.

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

KrisCook

I figured it out!
Now the next stuff I post will be about motorsickles.  But this was fun.  Puts me in the mind to do a Flashmob in April.  Stay tuned.

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

norton73

Sorry I missed it. Looks like y'all had a good time.

Hoppy Belated Burpday, Buzz!
Loose nut holding the handlebars