News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Work Free Labor Day Ride

Started by jrobinson, September 02, 2023, 08:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

I'm putting  up  a long overdue ride for Labor Day. This will be a ride in and around N. Alabama, maybe sneak into Tenn. We'll visit great winding roads, mountain top vistas, rivers and maybe a waterfall or 2.
Eating will be a spur of the moment decision. May be at a McDonalds or at Ruth Chris...... just kidding, won't be at either place. Probably will be BBQ.

Meet at Gurley Chevron/Hardees on US Hwy 72, 15 miles east of Huntsville.

KSU at 9:00am Monday Sept 4th - Labor Day  ((Rider Briefing at 8:50am))

This will be a casual ride, but there will be stretches where you can ride ahead if you want.

All bikes and riders are welcomed. Please remember --  Ride Your Own Ride

Chuck & Susan

Going to sleep on this tonight. I'm thinking that I will ride north tomorrow and join ya Monday morning. Then maybe a couple of days of wondering my was back south. Let ya know for sure in the am.

Chuck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Ok packed and heading north. See you and hope more in the morning.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

mojo1

I wished I could make it up but I actually have to go into work for few hours in the morning.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

thinwater

Great to meet you finally Chuck! 

Thank you Jrobinson for posting this, leading the ride and picking the route and eats.  It was great!

klaviator

Great ride today.  Thanks Johnny for setting this up.  I took a bunch of pics and I'll try to post some tomorrow.

klaviator

Some pics from the meeting spot in Gurley. 

Rding AL65.  Johnny set a faster pace than we expected especially after he said He hadn't done any long rides in a while and wouldn't be going very fast!

Before we got to the end of the road we got stuck behind some slower bikes.

klaviator

After 65 we rode 146 and 79 to CR8 then up to the overlook in Grant.

After Grant it was back roads towards Guntersville.

Heading into Guntersville.

klaviator

Riding through Guntersville.

Lots of water in this area.

Some curves as well!

klaviator

Lunch was in Scottsboro.

We had a good lunch and spent some time talking before heading off.  Half of the riders headed for home.  Stephen, Tracy and I decided we needed to ride Crow mountain while we were in the area.  Stephen and Tracy swapped bikes for a while.

We stopped at the Rock Zoo to swap back.

klaviator

We headed up CR39.

We stopped later and did some more bike swapping.  I also gave Stephen my camera because it would be hitting the tank on the Guzzi hanging from the strap around my neck.

He took some pics with it.

Chuck & Susan

I'm 2 days late posting but I just got back home. I'll tell more about that in another story.

Thank you @Jrobinson for putting this ride together. And giving me enough time to get up there.

Thanks to everyone that came out to ride. I don't get to see much of the people on the site. That includes you @thinwater... All these years and finally meet and ride with ya!

Thank you @Klaviator for again taking awesome photos. Really show's my big belly in that red shirt.... lol .... Guess I need to work on that.

Great day riding with you folks and glad this flat land rider could half way keep up. Great to ride some real curves again.

Hope to see everyone again at Vintage Fest in a few weeks. Susan and I will both be there.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Guidedawg

So good to read a trip report and see activity among riders.  Thank you for posting!

Nice Goat

Sorry I missed this!  Looks like y'all had great weather and a good ride!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."