News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hitting the Apex - Dec 3rd at Carmike Summit 16

Started by Mulley, November 04, 2015, 02:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

DachshundUberAlles

Quote from: Mulley on December 04, 2015, 10:24:38 AMI wish it had a following like it does in Europe. I think I would enjoy it more if I had more friends that were into it.

The US is an Autocentric nation. Europeans are more into motorcycle racing because they use their motorcycles in a more utilitarian way, not as recreational vehicles like in the US. Motorcycles are more a part of everyday life there, especially scooters. I saw firsthand both the immense popularity of Valentino Rossi and the abundance of scooters when I was in Italy. I also remember an interview he gave when he raced Lugana Seca for the first time. When asked what he liked most about his visit here, he remarked on how wonderfully relaxing it was to be out on the town without being mobbed by fans. The ability to walk the streets in anonymity was such a change from the streets of the rest of the world.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Shepcam

Quote from: Chitza on December 04, 2015, 11:07:12 AM
The 2016 MotoGP schedule says they will be at COTA in Austin April 8-10. I'm interested in investigating a trip out there. Anyone else?

Edit: let me rephrase. I AM investigating the feasibility. Anyone want to join me in the discussion and probability of a group trip?

I am going to hit a GP at some point, but just have too much on my plate for the next couple of years. I hear the COTA is a top notch facility. As much as I love Barbers, the COTA is a whole another level.
2013 Kawasaki Concours

KrisCook

A couple of pictars I took.  I had a blast seeing everyone! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Mulley

I watched the movie again Saturday night. It was still great the second time around.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Shepcam

I cant imagine how long the bells would ring if Rossi can pull of another championship! If he had not been penalized on the last race he may have had a good shot at it. Congrats to Jorge for 2015!

2013 Kawasaki Concours

Brian A

Am I the only one who keeps hearing this song playing in their head?