News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Gonzo route

Started by IceCold4x4, December 05, 2015, 07:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Anyone got a map plot of this route.  I tried to do it today but couldn't remember it after Hwy 55

Zeus

There is a girl or woman I should say on this forum that may have that map. Her name escapes me but she rides a funny looking European bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrou111

I think I have a GPX file of it on my work computer. I'll try and find it tomorrow.

Chitza

Where is your start point and which direction are you running it, CW or CCW?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

IceCold4x4

Start point was blue Lake headed towards Hwy 25 so I'm assuming clockwise.

Chitza

I couldn't do google maps when everyone else could so you're gonna have to bear with me. And I run what's called the "modified Gonzo" :)

Blue Lake Dr. to R on Sicard Hollow Rd. (Turn at the old Water Works bldg).

At the 4way stop, the road becomes Rex Lake Rd. About two mikes(?) turn R on Ziegler Rd over to L on 119. Approx half a mile or less, turn R on Elliot Lane. (Watch your speed. Residents and Leeds police don't like you going fast through there).

Elliot Lane ends at Hwy 25, turn R. Somewhere after Calcis/Steele and Whits Grocery turn R on Cty Rd 55. Couple miles from there, R on Cty Rd
280(actually old hwy 280). When you get to 280, go right for 1-2 tenth a of a mile and turn L onto Chelsea Rd(WinnDixie behind gas station at this intersection).

After you cross the RR Track turn R on Cty Rd 39. Follow this a LONG way. At some point it becomes Cty Rd 331, or FireTower Rd. There is a R hand hairpin turn on Fire Tower, and you will go several miles from there before your next turn. Here is where I modify it, turn L on Joiner Town Rd(Cty Rd 34).  It ends on Hwy 25 in Columbiana. Turn R and go a couple blocks, R on Hwy 70. Just out of Columbiana, turn R on Cty 26. Take this all the way to Hwy 31 and turn R. 31N to where ever or however you wanna get home.

I much prefer to run it CCW. Fewer thoughts about when/where to turn because they are almost all "end of the road, you gotta turn" places. Plus you get a better view of the valley from the hairpin on 331. I wished I had typed it CCW but I was half way through before I thought about it.

I'm free Tues/Thurs afternoons after 3:30 and most weekends if you want an guide.  Give me a shout! But we'll be running it CCW 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

IceCold4x4

Ya I'll generally start it CW due to my house being less than a 1/4 mile from the waterworks building at the start lol.  Doesn't mean I can run it down then turn around and do it again lol.