News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

DS ride last sunday

Started by SpeedyR, February 08, 2016, 04:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

well since there's not much action on the DS forum, I did get out and ride last Sunday. Not sure if it's a true DS ride but I did ride my bike to get to the trails. :)

There's a riding area a bit north of Atlanta that's a private facility. A buddy of mine that is a member goes there pretty often to ride his mini SM bike (he's got mini supermoto CRF100 and CRF150Rs). The owner has a nice paved mini supermoto/gocart track on the property as well. But we played around on some of the trails for the afternoon. I have been there before, I did the Jimmy Lewis school on the property, but a lot has changed. I rode my 950 of course, the other guys were on a YZ250, KDX220 and a KTM 450 EXC. We had a good time, it was a bit more muddy than I anticipated but the 950 acquitted itself well... even in the tighter stuff.

video from the ride:

LRobinson

Nice video Jeff.   That section between 2:30 and 3:00 looks pretty challenging for a big bike.   I have ridden with you a few times and KNOW you and the beast can handle it - just looks like it would ear you out pretty quick.

We need another big ride over at Highland soon.   

SpeedyR

would love to do another big bike day at HP. I rode there a month or so ago with some friends. I took the 450 and 950 but rode the 950 most of the morning. After lunch swapped back to the 450. felt like a pit bike with no power. :)

riding the 950 is good fun on the tight stuff but it does wear you out. I did a few of the spring nutz and copper penny rides on the 950 but by the end of the day I was pretty hammered. I need to start doing some cardio and upper body weights. Approaching 48 and I don't rebound like I used to. :)

LRobinson

I understand.  Approaching 57 and it is even worse.    I almost NEVER ride the 650 anymore.  Always the 400 and want to go lighter.    If I sell the 650 this summer, a 2 smoke may be in my future.