News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tuscaloosa Ride 9/5/2015

Started by lastparrot, September 13, 2015, 07:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastparrot

Found myself with some time to kill on this nice Saturday so I decided to take off down 216 toward Tuscaloosa. 
Once I hit Tuscaloosa I turned toward Alberta and made my way to lake Tuscaloosa. 

I was planning on getting out towards Deerlick but decided to stop at Lake Nicol instead

Since I had hit those two, I traveled down the river and out 43 till I got to the 43 landing for Lake Tuscaloosa.

After this I was just going to work my way back home, maybe head down HWY 11 when a very interesting thing happened.  As I was returning to Hwy 69 I noticed some interesting looking headlights in my rear view mirror.  I slowed a bit and let a group of ADV bikes pass and the odd Harley.  I tailed them for a while and when they missed a turn I was able to chat with them for a moment.  The group was from Cullman I think and heading towards the original Dreamland for some lunch.  While I was heading to Taco Casa for something myself, I kind of wanted to tag along, but not wanting to impose on them I didn't mention it and wished them a great ride.  I hope they enjoyed their lunch as I enjoyed mine.  Not much after that, just jumped back on the bike and went home.  I am hoping to find a group of riders that I can make lunch trips like that in the upcoming months. 

ThumperTriple

That's a gorgeous S10. 

Once Yamaha refreshes to stay current after the Africa Twin I may consider upgrading to one.  If you're ever down towards Auburn, or want to explore somewhere in between, shoot me a message.

lazeebum

Nice ride report and good pictures.

klaviator

I really like the color of your Super Tenere.  Looks like some nice scenery in that area.