News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

About a month ago, I noticed the Harley getting a little louder. I tightened the exhaust pipe flanges and it got quiet again. A couple weeks go by and the noise comes back again. Tightened flanges again and no change.

So today, I removed the shields and flange bolts. This is what I had when I removed the pipes.

I called up Griff and he said he could take care of it today. Seems he's trying out a new welder and needed something to use it on.

On welding table and edges cleaned

welding up the break.

Back in one piece again. Now to install the pipes.

Zeus

I decided to change up the look on my Versys a little by dumping the bar end mirrors and adding the faux carbon fiber mirrors. Can't see out of them but they look cool and that's what's important, lol
I donated my bar end vibration dampeners.  So that means Throttlemeister is on the way!!!
More pics to follow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton73

Yes, the cam chain tensioner on the left is how it's supposed to look.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Zeus

Today I added Throttlemeister along with faux carbon fiber swing-arm spools.

Zeus

I removed bar end mirrors and fabricated mounts for inside fairing
Bar end mirrors are sooo "last year" for me

Zeus

I bought a new battery for my Beemer. Not designed for motorcycles but for $31 delivered, it's for MY motorcycle. I've used this style before and had great luck with it. The only catch is the terminals will need to be modified with Dremel.
13.2 volts out of the box and took about seven minutes on battery tender to get green light.

Argh Oh

Checked tires, rode a while, added gas, parked. Holy crap.

Zeus

My GPR steering dampener started leaking. So I removed it and sending back for repairs.

IceCold4x4

I think it was time for new pads.  EBc HH are awesome Btw. Dunno what was in there before.

jrobinson

Turn signal wasn't looking good. I found a cheap replacement for signals and brake light.

OEM

Replacement

Still need to bolt it all back together.

Fencejumper09

Well on Sunday I made my rear brake accessible to those with tiny feet.

I think the clean speed brake pedal will be a nice upgrade!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

LawnmowerRG

Well took 5 weeks but I found the bad ground on the Ducati. Actually on the power commander.
It was a pain as it was just a loose eyelet on the wire. What a pain to find. So the Duc is once again trying to introduce me to every Cop around.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Argh Oh

KevinB

New shoe (and a pinched tube  :P)...