News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

WANTED! KLR 650

Started by scrappyjon, April 04, 2016, 03:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappyjon

Keep a look out for an old style (pre 2008) KLR 650. All I care about is that it runs good, is cheap and has good tires. I want to be able to ride it right away and not put it aside until I have time to get around to putting tires on it. It can be post 2008 if it is as cheap as a pre 2008.  8)

JBMFT

Did you get your HDs sold?
Edited to add: there were a couple pre '08s on Craigslist last time I looked.

scrappyjon

Quote from: JBMFT on April 05, 2016, 08:58:29 AM
Did you get your HDs sold?
Edited to add: there were a couple pre '08s on Craigslist last time I looked.

Yeah I sold it Saturday. There are some on cl but I'd like to stay under $2500 if possible. I found a pretty sweet one in Murphy North Carolina but I don't know if I have time to get up there before it's sold.

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/mcy/5494571304.html

scrappyjon

That would be a fun ride back though.

JBMFT

scrappyjon

Quote from: JBMFT on April 05, 2016, 09:15:06 AM
Damn...I want that one!

Yeah it's probably the coolest looking one I've see. 

bergman32

Huntsville Craigslist has a 2005 klr650 for $2500 and a 1997 650klr for $1800.

scrappyjon

Quote from: bergman32 on April 05, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
Huntsville Craigslist has a 2005 klr650 for $2500 and a 1997 650klr for $1800.

The one for $2500 is the same one that's in Murphy. I didn't see one for $1800. You got a link?

Yankee Dog

All I will say is they don't come in black. And if the guy painted it, it might be for a reason. Of course I bought one a few years ago that didn't have an inch on it without a scratch or dent.  Ran great and never let me down.  Gave it a rattle can paint job before I sold it and made $500. 

scrappyjon

Quote from: Yankee Dog on April 05, 2016, 04:36:15 PM
All I will say is they don't come in black. And if the guy painted it, it might be for a reason. Of course I bought one a few years ago that didn't have an inch on it without a scratch or dent.  Ran great and never let me down.  Gave it a rattle can paint job before I sold it and made $500.

He said he painted it and I plan on painting mine black. That one would have saved me the trouble. I'm thinking about doing the chalkboard paint.

scrappyjon

Like I said, all I really care about is that it's mechanically sound and has decent rubber.

JBMFT

Quote from: scrappyjon on April 05, 2016, 04:40:48 PM
He said he painted it and I plan on painting mine black. That one would have saved me the trouble. I'm thinking about doing the chalkboard paint.

Copycat. ;)
Do it.

scrappyjon

Quote from: JBMFT on April 05, 2016, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: scrappyjon on April 05, 2016, 04:40:48 PM

Copycat. ;)
Do it.

Where do you think I got that idea??

JBMFT

Years ago I had an '89 Sporty that I had sprayed with Line-X. It was awesome, easiest bike to clean ever.
I took it into the Victory dealership when it was still on 31 and a couple weeks later the head mechanic had his bike done. After that, a customer from that dealership had his Triumph done.
There is something about flat black bulletproof paint/finishes that I can't get enough of.

Yankee Dog

Try the rattle can bed liner.  Works great.