News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Yamaha Mid Sized Adventure Bike

Started by Jwwr, April 13, 2016, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Oooooo! I like the possibilities here. My eyes wil be peeled for this one.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

merc16

That is a very good motor for that application.
Justin

DachshundUberAlles

Not surprising to see. The ADV genre has gained popularity and the Wee Strom has been a good seller.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

SpeedyR

i'll be curious to see the weight. I know the v-strom is basically a street bike for most but if you ride it off road much the weight is a big factor.

the motor is good though, I have a buddy in Ohio that works on mostly small v-twins (Hawks, SV, triumph triples, etc) and he's getting 80+hp out of his FZ07.

Gam

Looks like the front legs have a lot more travel than a wee strom.

Nightwind15

If Yamaha brings this to the States I am down with it!  This is what I have been begging Yamaha to produce since the XT 600 went away. 

Nice Goat

EICMA 2016 going on in Milan ... one of the bikes introduced was the Yamaha T7 Tenere ... concept bike only at this point, with possible release in 2018

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

polarissalesman

it hasn't hit yet, but from what I hear they are pushing for early release.... 
what do you think
"keep the rubber side down"

norton73

Looks cool, but doesn't look luggage friendly for those of us that want to tour.

Somebody please make a sub 500cc lightweight so I can ride to tellico plains and then ride fs 82
Loose nut holding the handlebars

polarissalesman

Quote from: norton73 on December 27, 2016, 09:49:16 AM
Looks cool, but doesn't look luggage friendly for those of us that want to tour.

Somebody please make a sub 500cc lightweight so I can ride to tellico plains and then ride fs 82

that is a concept bike, I think you will see it with bags once it hits production. they say it will way less than the african twin which weighs in at 495lbs
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

I can't wait to see the final specs, read a few reviews, watch a few YouTube videos, etc., but ....

I might have to trade in the KLR for one of these.

klaviator

I think that the concept of a 700cc twin ADV bike is good but it will be interesting to see how they execute it.  It will need to be able to have luggage mounted.  Also, the seat looks like something off a dirt bike, useless to sit on for more than about 30 minutes.  They need to make it a bit wider. 

Personally I'm waiting for something smaller and lighter.  Maybe a KTM 390 adventure or a BMW F300GS?  When I replace my KLR I want something lighter than the 400 pounds my KLR weighs.

Nice Goat

The T7 has a webpage on Yamaha Europe's site:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/adventure/t7-concept.aspx

Nothing specific yet, but I like some of the things they are saying...

...genuine long distance versatility and pure durability...
...contemporary design plus cutting edge engine and chassis technology...
...driven by a desire to create something that would fit the needs of the adventure traveler...
...developed to achieve a perfect balance between road and off road capability....
...lightweight machine is based on an all new chassis...
...delivering strong torque and an easy power delivery for perfect traction in all conditions...

SpeedyR

KTM has been testing a 390 adventure, and hopefully the new motor that they are playing with in the 790/800 Duke will get an adventure model. personally I'd love an 800cc Super Enduro. Like mine only lighter.