RFP #10 - Dual Sport Weekend @ Tellico, Sept. 2-5

Started by gharshman, June 13, 2016, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lazeebum

Thanks for putting together a good ride. I will post some pictures later.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

amchev

It's nice to see that WR250R and XT250 on this ride.  Now I know I could have taken my DRZ! 

lazeebum

I got sick Saturday afternoon, so I decided Sunday that I would stay close to camp. It just so happened that I ran into Wayne, the campground owner. They invited me to tag along with them.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

norton73

Hey! I know those people! Say Hi to Philip and his lovely wife.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kdtrull

I think Glenn may have been feeling a little....uhhh..."anxious" (Beetlejuice) about the weekend:

I don't remember where.....It's great to just follow another rider's route, most times:

Glenn put together several ambitious routes for the long weekend.  Smith Mtn.:

I think...this was from the next day (Sunday?).  They all kinda' blend together now.

It's neat to see structure and what seems to be the remnants of order out in the middle of, what seems to be, nowhere:

Just a few hundred feet from the old concrete "ruins" is some sort of small dam:

My best guess is that this small dam was used to get water to the old mixer:

kdtrull

Panoramic shots make straight lines look like curves.  It's a straight line of huge pipe:

Bald River Falls....almost dried up.  Boy, does the SE need some rain.

This is from Whigg Meadow.  There was a huge assembly of campers there. 

Across the top of the bald, there was a group of bird "taggers":

A few steps up from the taggers was a spectacular view.  The camera never captures all the details:

Their tent is back there behind Glenn:

This is the fellow we later came to refer to as "Bird Jesus".:

Boy...was this guy ever ate up with the birds:

He gave me a full course in Warbler-handling before he handed me the small critter for release after he had banded it's tiny leg.
Behold, the great and noble Warbler.  I think he said it was the Double-breasted, diamond-eyed, snapper-back, blue-something warbler:

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Some of the campers up at the meadow were riding horses.  We took care not to spook them by coasting a quarter mile, or so, back down the hill.

The cutest little girl watched us leave...her solemn image is stored in flash memory and in my brain:

I'm fairly sure this image was along the "Gravel Dragon" or on the way to it:

Boo!....and what-not:

Well, no more still images.  But, I have a ton of video that may, or may not, be processed soon.  I hope it is some good stuff.  But, you never know.

I picked this up on the way home.  Just a few miles from home, I got a rapid deflation at about 60 m.p.h. on Hwy. 72, just west of Rogersville.  There's a few things Slime will not protect against:

A three inch, diagonally-inserted, deck screw is one of them:
I wonder how long it was in there???

I tried the compressor with the screw on the bottom but only got Slimed:

When I got the tube out, I found this:

Lazeebum to the rescue.  I've told you before...the dude is rock solid.  He came and got me with his trailer.
You got one in the bank, Randy.  Thanks again.

kdt

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 07, 2016, 09:57:16 PM
Quote from: kdtrull on September 07, 2016, 09:27:10 PM

I'm pretty sure that's Photoshopped.

Your presumption is not impossible....but is rather incorrect in this instance!   :P

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on September 07, 2016, 09:50:57 PM
He gave me a full course in Warbler-handling before he handed me the small critter for release after he had banded it's tiny leg.
Behold, the great and noble Warbler.  I think he said it was the Double-breasted, diamond-eyed, snapper-back, blue-something warbler:

Yeah, so Bird Jesus spent 15 minutes telling us how great the Hooded Warbler is, and then asked if one of us would like to release the one he had just banded.  Ken volunteered.  The guy then showed Ken how to hold and then release the bird, but before he actually gave the bird to Ken, he said, "First, you have to tell me the bird's name."  Immediately, I started thinking of female names and trying to decide on something cute and appropriate.  Ken, with very little hesitation, said, "Daisy."  The people under the tent erupted with laughter, and Bird Jesus, somewhat impatiently said, "No, it's a Hooded Warbler."

Bird Jesus is better with the birds than with the people, I said to myself, as I started walking away from the tent....

Nice Goat

Nice Goat

lazeebum