News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Mono ocular and PMS

Started by Chuck & Susan, October 23, 2017, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck & Susan

The nice A-ha moment I'm really looking forward too is when I see an event with yall that I say "A_HA... I can make that one"

Miss yall.... Have a good time tonight in Huntsville. You know I like my Flashmobs....
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Now that is one hell of a SETBACK!!  :D

Great to hear! Keep us posted if you ride up towards the center of the state!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

merc16

Looking forward to seeing you two at The Last Ride of the Year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Chuck & Susan

We will be looking for ya Merc!! And you too can come to the house if you would like for the weekend.
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Also if one of the Moderators would please move this thread to a public area. I placed it here at the start thinking that someone might not want the guest or general public seeing anything they might post. But I know when I first started trying to find out information on one-eyed motorcycling that there really is nothing much out there on the internet. If anyone in the future finds this tread on a search of the net then maybe they can benefit from something that I found worked for me. Or restart the thread after joining to tell their story or view.

Thank you too all the Moderators... You ROCK!!

Chuck

2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

I think you have a good idea there so I moved it.  I always find it inspiring when people overcome handicaps or hardships to continue riding.  Maybe this thread will inspire someone else to continue doing what they love.

Chuck & Susan

Thank you Klav. That is my hope. I know I kept thinking in the back of my mind that I had messed up buying a new Wing and was going to have to sell it for a huge loss. Boy was I wrong and I'm glad. Thank you to everyone supporting me on this adventure into the new normal.
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

merc16

You probably don't need it and it might have been mentioned earlier,  I have seen bicyclists with helmet mounted mirrors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Chuck & Susan

Okay, Chuck has been giving his reports of this issue.  Want to hear from the back-seat rider???

Well, at first, I was scared to death.  My husband lost sight in one of his eye and there was nothing I could do to fix it.  I didn't know what to expect.  All I knew is that I needed to be here to support him. 

Yes, I said I would not get back on the bike as long as he did not feel confident.  But I also know my husband --  stubborn as a mule!!!!  I knew there would be one day and he would be back on that bike riding again and there was nothing I could or would do to stop it.  He has to get his confidence back. 

When he took his first trip around the back yard I just knew he would get through this new normal.  It may take time, but he would get through it.  Then he went to the school parking lot (I did not go with him).  He made it and I was proud and happy. 

Then he took his trip to Montgomery and back.  Yes, I stayed busy so I would not sit and worry the entire time he was gone.  But when he called me when he arrived in Montgomery, the glee was back in his voice.  I knew it was going to be alright.  When he returned from the trip, I could see the excitement and some of the stress gone (K know that a bike ride is the best stress reliver for Chuck).  We were on the way.

And yes, I did 'setback' into the back seat.  Yes, I did feel safe.  Yes, I enjoyed myself.  I am getting my motorcycle riding husband back!!!

When my daughter found out that we had gone riding together, her first question was "Did you feel safe?".  Yes, I did.  I know that Chuck would never intentional put me in harms way and I trust him completely. 

I am not ready for a Crow Hill ride yet with him, but you will see us in the mountains again one day. 

Oh, and the fact he is posting more on Motorcycle Alabama I know he getting back to normal.  LOL

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

Thank you, Susan, for tour perspective. Good to hear from you!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Thanks for your input Susan.  We would like to hear from you in the future as well.  You are a member of this forum as well. 

I'm sure that Chuck really appreciates your support and is lucky to have you there.