News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Year

Started by polarissalesman, January 27, 2018, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

What is your goal for this year? Maybe a new bike? or maybe a trip you had been talking about for a long time? Maybe it's to ride X number of miles? Maybe it's to host a ride? Maybe a ridecation?  You get the idea, so let's hear it...

As for me, I will host a monthly mystery supper ride for the locals (or anyone that wants to come more on this on another thread). My wife and I are talking about where we r going to ride/vacation at, still in early stages. And I will again host the Junkyard Dog Ride to Hohenwald, Tn in the fall.
"keep the rubber side down"

yamahamer

With my work load this year I have to set my goals low.  ::)

A couple out of state lunches.
Make every big Gymkhana event.
A couple dirty rides.
Make it to one day off Vintage fest.
And not buy anymore bikes this year  8) trying to pay off the truck this year.

I guess my biggest goal is to do more than I set out to do.

klaviator

Probably no new bikes this year for me but I'll be replacing my KLR in the next few years so who knows, maybe I'll get that new KLX250 this year. 

I'll ride as much as I can.  I'll do at least one multi day trip, as many weekend trips as I can, and a lot of day rides.  I'm planning on leading a lot of rides and getting the activity level up here in North Alabama. 

norton73

I want to do more dual sport rides this year. Both longer trips on the "old" GS and local on the "new" KLX.

No week long trips this year, we are headed to Idaho to kayak the Middle Fork of the Salmon in late July, that will kill a bunch of my vacation.

Planned weekend trips include http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/17th-ricks-eastern-rendezvous-may-16-20-2018-murphy-nc.1261890/

and http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2598.0

Hopefully a couple trips to Tellico Plains this spring and again in the fall.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

springer

Well I bought the A.T. last year, so no new bikes for me. Need to get the XR650L back to running again.  Clean up the H.D. Springer and put it up for sale. The H.D. XR1200R is gone...sold that to member Magoo. Sold a few other motorcycles I managed to accumulate over the years. So you could say one of my goals is to have just 2 motorcycles...well maybe 3, all running and being used.  ;). I do miss not having a trials bike to play on.  ;D
Need to start doing ride reports again. Been a real slacker in that department.  :(
Would like to go one at lest 1 multi-state week or longer ride...out west I do believe.
I am planning on riding the Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina area in May for a week with some old H.D. XR buddies.
Would like to start-up Gymkhana practice again but my thread on doing that didn't get much feed back so maybe not.  :(
That is about it as far as motorcycles go.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Gam

I'm planning on riding to Arkansas and float the Buffalo in a couple of months.

polarissalesman

Well keep it up guys, a thread is only good if everyone joins in :) ... Some great trips on tap...

I'm thinking we are going to end up back in Tellico Plains. Last spring the day we set aside to ride the skyway and dragon it rained, so there is a lot of good riding left in the area, also 68 south to where it turns into 60 in GA is as good as it gets...

DachshundUberAlles

Another year of track days on the GSXR and knocking down some miles on the new Super Tenere.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

merc16

Quote from: springer on January 28, 2018, 09:41:45 AM
Well I bought the A.T. last year, so no new bikes for me. Need to get the XR650L back to running again.  Clean up the H.D. Springer and put it up for sale. The H.D. XR1200R is gone...sold that to member Magoo. Sold a few other motorcycles I managed to accumulate over the years. So you could say one of my goals is to have just 2 motorcycles...well maybe 3, all running and being used.  ;). I do miss not having a trials bike to play on.  ;D
Need to start doing ride reports again. Been a real slacker in that department.  :(
Would like to go one at lest 1 multi-state week or longer ride...out west I do believe.
I am planning on riding the Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina area in May for a week with some old H.D. XR buddies.
Would like to start-up Gymkhana practice again but my thread on doing that didn't get much feed back so maybe not.  :(
That is about it as far as motorcycles go.

The XR is sold !?  :'(
Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on February 01, 2018, 09:39:32 AM

The XR is sold !?  :'(
Yep...gonna miss it.  :( But I was way past my limit on motorcycles.

If you are interested in buying one, this place is a good place to find one;

http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/forum.php

It is one of the larger H-D XR forums.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

I liked yours because it was well cared for by a true owner .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

polarissalesman