When Torture is Self Inflicted i.e. Hollytree Singletrack

Started by Fencejumper09, December 28, 2017, 08:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrou111

Man, I rode the TTR I sold to Ben at Hollytree a few years ago before they had any single track. It's pretty rugged terrain for sure!

QuoteIt is, by far, the most difficult riding I have ever done

Sounds like you need a trip to Soulcrusher Rockcrusher  8)

klaviator

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on December 28, 2017, 04:00:02 PM
It is, by far, the most difficult riding I have ever done but it was pretty awesome to reach the top of some of those hill climbs. As always, the video doesn't do justice to how steep and technical the terrain really is.

Thanks to all those who commented here and Springer I feel like you are being sarcastic. Are you hoping with my lack of writing skills my price would be lower than the likes of BrianA and Klaviator?  :D

Sarcastic?  I doubt it.  You really did a great job of writing this up.  I'm looking forward to some more great ride reports from you.

springer

Quote from: klaviator on December 28, 2017, 09:32:14 PM
Sarcastic?  I doubt it.  You really did a great job of writing this up.  I'm looking forward to some more great ride reports from you.
Humor...
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

Well thank you all! The positive feedback really encourages me to take the time and write the reports!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

thanks for organizing , executing and finally putting it into words David. it really was a fun weekend of firsts.

at some point I'm going to be in front of the computer and add some photos; videos of the fun.

loop 3 is no joke. take the hardest trail you've gotten used to finishing and add 5x more clutch slippage, 5x more "I can't do that", 5x more " why are we still trying anyway? " to it. but it's good.

. loop 2 is like the beast at The Ridge, but condensed into all the tests at once instead of spread out. totally doable first or second try, but lots of clutch fanning.

loop 1 is the shake down for newbies. if you fall apart on loop 1, it's OK, just know that 2 and 3 aren't going to happen.

I'll be back pretty soon. gotta get some prep/riding in before the super hard gps-guided-only ride coming up.

ohya, stand up and I'll tell you all about the sixties. lol that part was kind of funny
just give 'er the berries !

Mulley

That was a great weekend. All except the broken fender. I wish it was closer. I would ride there a lot more often.

The exact moment it happened (PC:Kyle)

Not to fear. New parts have been purchased and soon my bike will undergo some major maintenance. It's been neglected recently.

Breakfast at it's finest.

"Yeah, I'm cold. Why do you ask?", Beck.

It was actually warmer inside the cooler.

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

jrou111

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Mulley

Quote from: jrou111 on December 29, 2017, 08:39:09 PM
Pics aren't working for me  :-[

Quote from: Nice Goat on December 29, 2017, 10:53:04 PM
I could see them earlier, and now I cannot. 

Try now. I had them set to private on my Google Photos account.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

David DoubleEX

Quote from: klaviator on December 28, 2017, 10:20:25 AM
Great Writeup.  Looks like a lot of fun but unfortunately way over my dirt riding abilities.
This describes me well! The WR426 was a lot to handle just on loop 1, but heck, its more of my lack of skill than it is the bike!

I still enjoyed it guys. Had a good time. I'll bring the WR when we do something a little less intense though!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332