News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

A Weekend Alone

Started by Nice Goat, May 24, 2018, 07:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

This will be a rolling report covering the whole weekend...

It doesn't happen very often, but the wife and the daughter both left today to visit friends in Chicago.  I am temporarily, i.e., for the next five days... unsupervised.

My goal for this weekend is to fix this...

Shamefully, I have ridden very little this year.  Between work, attending school/sports events, and buying a house and "making it ours," I simply have not had the time.

This weekend is about making up for lost time... starting here:

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Stopped in Pulaski for something to cook on the fire... ribeye and zucchini.

kylepeterson

I'm expecting some foggy morning shots with lots of camera trickery !

have fun
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

I just had a great shower from a bucket of cool water.  Battery-powered submersible pump feeding a little hand-held showerhead.  Nice!

But I forgot my towel, so I had to air dry. 

There are water spigots around the Meriwether campground, so we'll just stay here for the upcoming event.  Y'all are welcome to use my little portable shower.

Far as I can tell, it is free to camp in Meriwether.  Didn't see a pay box anywhere.

Nice Goat

Was able to ride about 138 miles today, mostly dirt.  Took my time, stopping for photos and to mark waypoints in the GPS.  Stopped marking creek crossings after 12 or so.  Counted another 5-6 after that.

As Kevin said, none of the creek crossings are more than 10-12 inches deep, but some of them have a soft, mushy bottom.

A couple of the roads are a little rocky and/or uneven, but nothing too difficult for any dual sport or adventure rider.  Hell, mojo could do this ride on his FZ1...

https://youtu.be/KFnVWI2Yx0Y

This is a great area up here for riding dual sports.  The scenery is amazing.  Also saw tons of turkeys, turtles, big ass squirrels, and a deer also.

Nice Goat

So my riding was a bit delayed today. 

Mom's car died yesterday, and she can't afford to fix it or replace it.  It's a 15 year old Jetta, not worth repairing anyway.

So I went car shopping.  Found something I liked, and since I am alone, used the motorcycle to go get the new support vehicle.  Worked like this:

- Car and trailer to dealer
- drop trailer
- return home to get bike
- ride bike to dealer
- hook trailer to new support vehicle
- load bike
- drive home

springer

Adapt and over come! Good job!  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

maydaymike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Nice Goat

So I got the new truck home yesterday, swapped the trailer/bike over to my old Pilot, and took off for Meridian to deliver it to my mom.  Spent the night there, then left about 9am to come home on the DR650.

Nice day to ride west Alabama, but I gotta say...  lot of "circle of life"/hakuna matata on Hwy 17 between Geiger and Vernon.  Dead animals every mile or so.  The buzzards have been eating good.

Did have a brief scare east of Scooba, MS.  Bike died on me.  Tried to restart several times.  I was thinking worst case scenarios, when I realized that I was low on fuel.  Flipped it to reserve and the bike fired right up.  Sometimes I feel like a dumbass.

Taking a break in Double Springs right now.  Should have over 200 miles between yesterday and today.

https://youtu.be/vxI_dljB7So

Chitza

I have a Big Kahuna, 4.7 gallon, 12v shower that we are using at the farm right now. Add water(we heat some on the propane stove or use the solar shower bag) and get a nice warm shower. I know it felt great after a long day of riding! Glad to see you're getting some miles in on that DR. :)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

merc16

Subscribed. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Guidedawg

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 25, 2018, 03:23:31 PM

A couple of the roads are a little rocky and/or uneven, but nothing too difficult for any dual sport or adventure rider.  Hell, mojo could do this ride on his FZ1...

I'm sure he's done far more questionable at faster speeds  ;D