News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

riding the devil

Started by Gam, July 08, 2018, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

We rode the dirt devil a couple of weeks ago, a combination of Ken's stuff and a route highlighted on the dirt devil map, I didn't have a cell phone or a camera, so only a few pics and video that were sent to me.  The devil got in my gps a couple of times,  almost didn't out of the parking lot, and then it went haywire at 173 miles so we gave up and went back to the campground.

This would be a nice campground even if it wasn't free

working on the ultimate pose for that AJP...which is without a doubt a very capable bike

I broke the fork guard off a long time ago, I made a retainer out of the top of an oil bottle and duct tape which worked until the devil got a hold of it.

Lost again

As usual everybody had video cameras out at the creek crossings , not that they wanted anybody to go down in a slick creek, I almost gave them their wish right here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TMU6pcPB-GU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Goat

The creek crossing in that video looks a lot like that one that flooded MotoGuzzi's bike and broke his mirror, which later resulted in a gash on my forehead.

The devil is strong in that creek...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson

hey, I recognize those cool kids!
just give 'er the berries !

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: Nice Goat on July 08, 2018, 02:50:00 PM
The creek crossing in that video looks a lot like that one that flooded MotoGuzzi's bike and broke his mirror, which later resulted in a gash on my forehead.

The devil is strong in that creek...

Yes that's the same crossing.  I picked the wrong line on another crossing and dropped mine but was clear of the water when I went down. Shouldn't try and pass in a creek I guess!
R1200R
CRF450L

telejojo

Where is this? looks good