News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Off of Greasy Cove Road

Started by Frank Smith, July 15, 2018, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David DoubleEX

This was a fun time. Did you have a chance to talk to that lady with the nice dogs?

Frank, Griffs, marquez, yall want to go out and ride this sunday? A week from now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

marquez7890

Quote from: David DoubleEX on July 22, 2018, 06:30:22 PM
This was a fun time. Did you have a chance to talk to that lady with the nice dogs?

Frank, Griffs, marquez, yall want to go out and ride this sunday? A week from now.

Yes

Frank Smith

I'll ride with you on Sunday.

I have not spoke with her yet. I'll get over there this week before we ride and let you know what she says. Shouldn't be a problem, she has a huge lot. I'm going to ask for space for 8 vehicles, in case we have more folks who want to come.  Or I can ask Keith, the fellow who told me about this ride. He lives about a mile up the road.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

griff

I'm a maybe. We're working Saturday and I have to finish installing my house a/c unit at some point. If I manage to get it done before Sunday I'm going to try to go ride with you guys.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

tomrayjr

Heck, wish I could go myself. Went back up on Bingham today. I fly to Texas for a month Sunday so post details about Greasy and I'll do it when I get home...

griff

I really wish I could have gone with you guys. I didn't get the ac unit dealt with as I ended up working all day yesterday.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Frank Smith

We went back today and spent about 4 hours exploring. We never hit all of the trails off the main road.  Logged over 23 miles. The main trail does let out at Hwy 65. We found the trailhead on 65 that supposedly goes to Walls of Jericho but we turned back after seeing too many no trespassing signs.  Map file attached.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

How challenging were these trails?

marquez7890

Frank Smith

Quote from: klaviator on July 29, 2018, 04:42:14 PM
How challenging were these trails?

Some portions were super easy, others were a bit difficult. Scale 1 to 10 with 10 being most difficult, I'd say they were as high as 5. Beautiful area. I didn't get any video as it's too hard to post it because I don't have broadband connection out here in my neck of the woods. DSL sucks. 

We did do several water crossings. They were nice and doable.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

jrobinson

You had about 10 miles to get to The Walls.

It looks like you could come out on CR3 on Putman Mt.

Maybe one day I'll have time to go on one of these trips.

With deer season coming up, tread lightly and heed the No Trespassing signs.

David DoubleEX

The water crossings were fun! And they felt good.

Speaking of hunting season... When does that start? I want to take it easy when it does.

Frank Smith

Quote from: jrobinson on July 29, 2018, 06:53:41 PM
You had about 10 miles to get to The Walls.

It looks like you could come out on CR3 on Putman Mt.

Maybe one day I'll have time to go on one of these trips.

With deer season coming up, tread lightly and heed the No Trespassing signs.
It didn't come out on CR3, it was further north.
Now that I know there's enough trails to keep one busy, we'll have to make it a group ride soon. Please come along.
We didn't see any no trespassing signs. I certainly would not ride it during hunting season.  I think bow starts in late September, correct?
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

jrobinson

I was jumping around in my post.CR 3 would be near your western tracks you posted.

Wife and I rode some today, only 2nd time we've been riding this year.