News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Princess Yum Yum and the Free Range Rednecks

Started by Nice Goat, July 26, 2018, 07:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on July 31, 2018, 11:18:13 AM
The altitude seems to get to me more and more though.

When I hiked back to my bike at the top of the section on Imogene, a guy in a Jeep that had been spectating our bike wrangling skills said "So you're a flatlander too, huh?"

"How {huff} did {pant} you {gasp} know?"

Frank Smith

Man it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I could actually do these trails on my big GS (just not at your pace). I gotta make it out there sometime.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Nice Goat

Thursday, July 19th
- Ken stayed at my house.
- We tried and failed to load three bikes on a 5x10 trailer.
- I drank and got in the pool.
- Ken sat in a lounge chair and watched the stars.

Friday, July 20th
- Kevin met us at my house at 6am.
- I cooked eggs, bacon, and toast.
- We drove from Alabama to Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Stopped at Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, MS.  Nice, big dealer with lots of gear and a bike museum.
- Stopped at Honda of Russellville in Arkansas.  Nice, big dealer with lots of bikes and gear.
- Ate lunch at CJ's Butcher Boys Burgers in Russellville (very good).
- It was 106 degrees at 2:00pm.
- Spent the night in a hotel (free, because I had some travel points).
- Ate dinner at Chipotle and did not die.  Almost asphyxiated Ken with gas, however.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Saturday, July 21st
- Breakfast in hotel
- Drove from Stillwater to Pueblo, Colorado
- Stopped at Mid America Powersports in Wichita, KS.  Nice, big dealer with lots of gear and several sexy KTMs.
- Kevin and Ken bought some spare levers.
- Stopped at Wal-Mart in Wichita for supplies/food.  Ate lunch at the onsite Subway.
- Wal-Mart version of Pepsid AC tastes like ass + toe jam.
- Counted 41,649 windmills before I stopped counting.
- Stopped at Dodge City, Kansas for gas, photographs, and ice cream (still hot outside).
- Stopped at border of Colorado for photos and sticker assault.
- Dinner at Burger King in Lamar, Colorado.
- Spent the night in downtown Pueblo where they had ample parking for trucks and trailers... not.
- Lots of golfers and geriatrics who did not approve of our joking and smelliness.

Nice Goat

Sunday, July 22nd
- Left hotel at 6:00am
- Breakfast at MacDonalds; gas and water at CircleK
- Saw a really hot, young backpacker chick
- Drove from Pueblo to Cañon City to meet Mulley, BrianA, and Fencejumper
- Unloaded bikes and rode part of the Gold Belt Scenic Byway (Phantom Canyon Road and Shelf Road)
- Returned to Cañon City and loaded the bikes up
- Ate lunch at Bunk House Burgers; upset lady behind counter by putting ketchup on my fries
- Stopped at Wal-Mart in Gunnison for last minute supplies/food
- Rain clouds were looming overhead
- Made it to Holt's Guest Ranch at Taylor Park, where we were told that we only had two cabins, not three....
- ... and they do not allow tents
- Owner-lady disappeared for 30 minutes while we stewed on that
- Survived hail storm
- Owner-lady reappeared and agreed to let us pitch a tent if we did not kill her for fucking up the cabins
- Even though we had reservations and had paid a deposit, it took us 2 hours to negotiate and check in
- Ken and I were a little chilly in the tent; Kevin had a bar in his back all night on a shitty cot
- Lots of gophers/prairie dogs making noises all night and running around our tent

kdtrull

My photos are terrible and are requiring a little post processing.  This is approximately the point we had to turn around on Tin Cup Pass.  The big loose rocks were getting closer and closer together.  Too much, too soon....fat-boy stroke gland expanding rapidly.  Was happy to turn around and try another way.

Mirror Lake:

JBMFT

griff

If you guys are ever in this area again, Mt Princeton has a really nice ride up it other than where the huge wash going down the mountain is. That parts a bit sketchy as you can look down a couple of thousand feet off the side of the trail. The cool thing is on top of the mountain at the end of the trail is a public chalet that you can stay in for free. It actually was stocked with food and beer when we were up there. It's on the Nathrop/Buena Vista side of the mountain.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Nice Goat

Make sure to click the little gear icon and select 1080p

kdtrull

A = Approximate point of turn around on first shot at Tin Cup Pass.
B = Apparent increase in grade....couldn't tell you for sure because...well, we didn't actually see it!  ::)

kdtrull

Nice Goat

KevinB

Quote from: Nice Goat on July 31, 2018, 09:40:21 PM
Those are some nice photos!

+1!

What camera were you using? I might have to pick one up.

kdtrull

Quote from: KevinB on July 31, 2018, 10:05:57 PM
+1!

What camera were you using? I might have to pick one up.

It's the little green fujifilm, waterproof point and shoot cam.  The raw files were terrible.  A pass through Adobe Lightroom made them viewable.  The newest Lightroom has a new magical "dehaze" slider....good stuff.

Fencejumper09

Quote from: kdtrull on July 31, 2018, 11:08:03 PM
It's the little green fujifilm, waterproof point and shoot cam.  The raw files were terrible.  A pass through Adobe Lightroom made them viewable.  The newest Lightroom has a new magical "dehaze" slider....good stuff.

Just finished editing mine in Lightroom 4! I could have used that dehaze for sure! Hope to get my report started tonight! Just trying to think of a funny title!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332