News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Highland Park Zombie Hare Scramble

Started by Fencejumper09, October 19, 2015, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Fencejumper09

I plan to attend the zombie hare scramble this weekend and participate in the ADV class for 650cc and larger bikes.

I will be trailering from Birmingham Saturday afternoon. (I would ride but plan on removing mirrors and covering the headlight for race prep so the orange dragon won't be quite street legal)

Let me know if anyone else plans to attend or camp Saturday night. I will be in a grey Nissan Frontier towing a KTM 690 and sitting by a campfire drinking whiskey by myself since I have the social disorder known as "noridingbuddyitis"

Hope to see some of you out there it looks like a pretty fun event!

http://www.highlandparkresort.com/node/136
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

SpeedyR

I may be there on my 950.. will keep you updated.

if you haven't raced before or have an ADV class bike this is a great way to get your feet wet. pretty relaxed "racing" and the course is awesome. easy places to pass and be passed so no pressure to get out of the way for most folks...

Fencejumper09

Getting ready to head out from Birmingham!

Let me know if anyone else decides to come!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

SpeedyR

still working on going if you get this message. There's another guy from Cartersville ,GA that will probably be on a Super Enduro 950. He raced the last one I did out there, but he may race in the 30 open class instead of the ADV class.

I just did some more work on the bike, the fan wasn't working (blown fuse) so got that figured out. not to put the skid plate back on and load up. Still not feeing great but really want to ride/race so I"ll probably be there..

I'll be in a Jetta w/ a kendon trailer. The booming V-twin is more than likely me. :) oh yeah, I had a big white tank on the bike. will post a photo later.

Jeff

SpeedyR

guess we posted the same time. I'm going to preregister now as it'll save my $5 and waiting in the longer line, but you don't pay till you get there. must makes it easier for them to print numbers, etc

Fencejumper09

Yeah I prefer registered this morning.

Is there typically room for a hammock? I would prefer that over bringing my tent.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

SpeedyR

sorry about that, but yes, there are plenty of good spots to hang. I usually take one when I go overnight unless I get a cabin.

see ya in the morning, I'll see if I can find you in the morning. Normally for the race I park on the left as you are driving back to the track/start point there's some bigger openings out there. not as shady but closer to the start finish for when I inevitibly forget something..

Fencejumper09

What a great event! Had a blast even though it was a little tighter and more technical than expected.

Ended up 2nd of 3 and got this sweet trophy!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

SpeedyR

did they let you pick up my award? had a great time, shot some video (especially me bouncing off the trees. I was pretty tired by the end, but had a great time. Glad you made it over. There were a few more "narrow" trails than in the past (some of those were like the 4 diamond off camber hill side trails) where you REALLY didn't want to slide off especially on a big bike. lol..

Fencejumper09

Yeah I was able to grab your trophy. Let me know if you plan to ride anywhere over this way.

I look forward to the video! Does it happen to have a time stamp for when the Pro class started compared to when we started? All the lap times from HP were based on the time that the Pros started.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT