News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

DS Ride to Tellico Area

Started by KevinB, November 07, 2015, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

Awesome report, dude.  Thanks for sharing!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Quote from: Brian A on November 08, 2015, 06:53:39 PM
How did the Husky do?
You happy with it?

It did great...this was the first real trip I've taken on it. Even with the bags loaded down it still has plenty of power, and the seat did as well as any street bike I've had.

My only gripe is the suspension. I took it out to Kentuck/Cheaha a couple of weeks ago, and the forks were bottoming on just about every rock hit and water break landing. I opened them up, replaced the fluid with 10w and added 10mm. It helped, but it still sags too much and blows through the travel too easily. I believe RaceTech makes springs for the TR and will most likely go with a set of those.

jrou111

Quote from: KevinB on November 07, 2015, 11:12:55 PM

Toward the top of the Skyway, I found rain, cold and dense fog...visibility was about 30 - 40 feet in front of my fender. I made the entire trip over the Skyway without seeing another vehicle. It was a creepy experience.

I've experienced that EXACT feeling up there. It's very spooky and surreal.

Thanks for sharing your ride. I really want to get up there and ride some more dirt soon!

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Jwwr

Great Report! I love that area!

klaviator

Nice pics and report.  There is a lot of great riding in that area both on and off road.  You just scratched the surface.  I've ridden that area a bunch of times and still haven't ridden more than a fraction of what's up there.