Talladega National Forest DS ride. Doing it again 2/13/16

Started by DR650RIDER, January 30, 2016, 09:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR650RIDER

Anybody want to ride the TNF Saturday 2/13/16?  I am going to ride my usual ride in the TNF Sunday if anybody wants to join in. I start a few miles from my house in Sylacauga and ride through Hollins WMA, TNF, and usually end up at the top of Cheaha, ending point is not set in stone tho. This ride is mostly FS roads ranging from red clay/gravel to super rutted out and rocky, the latter can be avoided tho if need be. It can be as short as 35 miles or as long as 136 miles. The shorter rides are 100% dirt and the longer rides are 80-90% dirt. The few paved sections consist of 2 lane country roads no more than maybe 7 miles at most depending on the route. We can meet up at the Marathon gas station on hwy 21 in Sylacauga at 10:00 am If anyone is interested.

DR650RIDER

Had a nice ride today. If anyone wants to join in next time just respond here and we will plan it.

DR650RIDER

Gonna do this ride again Sat Feb 13th. if anybody wants to join. Post up here if ya want to go. This ride will be around 100 miles of mostly dirt with a few miles of pavement mixed in.

notsofasted

Sounds like fun, been looking for someone who know the area.  So sat.Feb 13 at 10am, Marathon Station hwy 21 in Sylacauga ?

DR650RIDER

That's correct. I will be there at 10:00 am. The ride from the Marathon to where we will hit the dirt roads is about 4-5 miles. We have many options as where to ride to. I usually end up on Cheaha, but we can decide on that Saturday.Hope to see ya there.

DR650RIDER

Due to lack of intrest and the temps possible in the 20's to mid 30s I have decided not to do a group ride Saturday. I am still going to ride but no meeting place or time set now. If someone wants to go leave a comment and we can meet up, otherwise I'll be solo tomorrow.