Friday, April 8, First 2016 Stab at The Big TN Dirt Loop

Started by kdtrull, April 03, 2016, 10:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Nice Goat on April 04, 2016, 05:48:24 PM
but I really want to do this as a camping trip later this year.  I ordered the map last week, and it arrived today.

I think that's a great idea. I think the only way we will get the whole thing in one shot is to camp in the area the night before and after.

Yankee Dog

Let's talk a little logistics.  Mainly breakfast.  Is pop tarts and instant coffee in the morning or is there a possibility of bacon and eggs at a diner. I am good either way but I need to know how to pack. 

As for lunch.  I would rather not haul food around all day but gas station fare is fine. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdtrull

No need to haul food.  Breakfast in hohenwald.  Lunch near Dixon.

Yankee Dog

Just to warn you.  The Bratso says she is coming along for the camping Thursday night.  Not the riding.  Driving up and back in the mighty Roo.   

kdtrull

Quote from: Tennesseevol51 on April 04, 2016, 12:12:43 AM
Hey I am interested in going but not camping.I live just off the trace south of Collinwood.
Mostly dirt roads? Any single Track?
What will be close to total milage?
Lazeebum told me to check this thread out.

I just let TYRE auto-measure the route.  It calculated 145 miles but that does not include the departures needed for fuel and food.

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on April 05, 2016, 07:30:52 PM
Just to warn you.  The Bratso says she is coming along for the camping Thursday night.  Not the riding.  Driving up and back in the mighty Roo.

From my experience riding with y'all,  you could easily handle 2-up on this route.  I believe she would love the scenery.  There is only one spot I know of where she might have to walk 50 feet or so.

Yankee Dog

She says not this time.  Her allergies are kicking her tail. 

Nice Goat

Quote from: Yankee Dog on April 05, 2016, 08:45:59 PM
She says not this time.  Her allergies are kicking her tail.

Get her some Benedryl and Rox Straps  ;D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

I think we can predict, with some confidence, dust will not be an issue.  :o

Tennesseevol51

I can't make it. We have a machine rebuild starting in the morning. I have to work. Maybe next time.

kdtrull

Quote from: Tennesseevol51 on April 07, 2016, 01:51:26 AM
I can't make it. We have a machine rebuild starting in the morning. I have to work. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that.  I've had to say the same thing so many times....but a feller's got to eat and buy scooter gas.

lazeebum

Yup, werk sux, but I ain't found no other legal way to support my habits.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

lazeebum

Loaded down and ready!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

kdtrull

It's Go Time:

Kinda reminds me of that little donkey that Festus rode around on....except Festus weren't no 260 lbs.  :-[

klaviator

It looks like about 2 more pounds on the back and it will wheelie just sitting there. :o