News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to Alabama's natural Bridge Park

Started by klaviator, May 07, 2016, 09:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Until a few days ago I had never heard of the Alabama Natural Bridge Park.  A ride was posted on on of the local Facebook riding clubs that was going there so I decided to go.

We met at McD's in Moulton.  I think we had close to a dozen bikes, mostly large touring bikes.  Debbi and I where on our mighty 395cc scooter.

We soon headed of through Moulton.

Then we rode a bunch of roads that where new to me.  It was a beautiful day to be out riding.

Someone else's pic:

Arriving at the park.

I had seen a few pics of the Natural Bridge but they didn't do it justice.  This place is really cool.  I took some pics but I don't think they really do it justice either.

Trying to get fancy with the camera:

Then we rode to Jasper to have lunch a Jim & Nick's

After lunch some of the group split off and the rest of us headed south and rode the Wilderness Parkway.  We took a break at the end.

From there we rode home for a total of 235 miles.  It was a great day to be out riding and see some new stuff.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

What a cool place....been by there but never stopped.  Thanks for sharing.

klaviator

One of the nice things about riding with this group is that naearly everyone brings a camera, takes pics and posts them.  Here a few I stole with me in them:

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on May 08, 2016, 09:25:52 AM
One of the nice things about riding with this group ...

How does one join this group?

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 08, 2016, 11:52:35 AM
How does one join this group?

I think you just have to be added by one of the Mods.  If you are interested let me know and I'll look into it.

A little history on this group.  Once upon a time there was a riding club named Redstone Riders.  Then some of the group split off to form the New Redstone Riders.  Then they changed their name to Crooked Road Riders.  I rode with them a few times last year.  Then most of the active riders split off to form another Group called Friends Who Ride.  Like Crooked Road riders they are a Face Book club.  Some of the members are also on Bamarides and/or ADV.   I was told last weekend that if I ever wanted to lead a ride and make it a joint BR/Friends Who ride event that would be OK.  I may do that sometime in the future.

Although most of the riders in this group ride large touring bikes, they ride about the same way we do and about the same pace as most of our street rides. 

Nice Goat

Cool.  I heard that there was some internal conflict in CRR recently.  Too bad.  I guess it happens in every group eventually.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 08, 2016, 04:31:12 PM
Cool.  I heard that there was some internal conflict in CRR recently.  Too bad.  I guess it happens in every group eventually.

Yeah the group tends to suffer a bit of drama from time to time.  But overall they are a good bunch and go on some great rides. 

Guidedawg

That one makes my in-state bucket list now.  I have yet to ride anywhere in north Alabama so there is a lot to look forward to.
It looks like you had a great day with people who enjoy riding.  Thanks for sharing!

klaviator

Quote from: Guidedawg on May 09, 2016, 09:27:04 AM
That one makes my in-state bucket list now.  I have yet to ride anywhere in north Alabama so there is a lot to look forward to.
It looks like you had a great day with people who enjoy riding.  Thanks for sharing!

There is a lot of great riding and cool stuff to see in North Alabama.  There is still a lot of stuff I haven't seen.  Several people on this ride had never been to the Natural Bridge.  There is another natural bridge just across the border in Suwanee, TN but this one is much bigger and more impressive.

KrisCook

I lived one minute from that place for about 14 years.  It's a cool place for sure.  Glad you went up there!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom