News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sporting the Free State 2016

Started by klaviator, May 15, 2016, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

Great ride report on a great event.  The camping and hanging out with other riders is a big part of the event.

jrobinson

Like Win, I finally made it to the Dual Sporting the Free State ride. I enjoyed the ride and hated I had to bug out early.

I stopped and had a little breakfast on the way over to the camp site, but nothing could've matched the bacon and biscuits Allen offered up when I stepped out of my truck.

After the breakfast, I unloaded the mighty 250. The bike and rider combined age is 87 years and each one of the CCs is pulling 1.2 pounds. The bike performed well during the day, better than the rider.

Allen gathered the mixed group of 12 bikes and we headed out to the back roads of The Free State.

We rode a good mix of asphalt, gravel, sand, dirt and a little mud during the day. The day was measured by smiles, instead of miles. Even with a couple of minor set backs, nobody complained and everyone pitched in to the the bikes back rolling again.

Lunch at Talk of the Town was good and gave everyone a chance to socialize for a bit.

I finally got some decent video. I got a total of about 3 hours so it was tough to trim it down to a decent length. I know it is still way too long, but it is what it is. There's about 22 minutes of our adventure and the last couple minutes are the cliff climbers.

I hope you enjoy.

Danimal

Thanks for making and posting the video. I usually make one but was so rushed to get everything together that I didn't take the time to get my camera setup. Good job on the editing. I know how time consuming and sometimes frustrating cutting hours of video in to minutes can be. That's why most people don't do it.

And thanks Allen and Melony for everything.

And thank you Win for the report and pictures. You're right, the picture of the V Strom coming through the mud hole did turn out best. ;) I might just have to borrow that one.

skywayrider

Thanks Allen and Melony for hosting another great ride. I hung in there as long as I could.