****POSTPONED**** B-B-Q and Tow Trucks - May 28

Started by jrobinson, May 19, 2016, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

POSIn another life 25 years ago, I drove a tow truck. I started when I was 20 and helped grow the company to 5 trucks

...and a large haul truck.

Working at the racetrack with a couple of my drivers.

I've always wanted to visit the Towing Museum in Chattanooga, http://internationaltowingmuseum.org/
I don't expect to spend more than an hour at the museum and there is a $10 admission fee.

So...I plan to lead a ride up to Chattanooga for a visit and eat some B-B-Q.

When: May 28, 2016, Saturday. KSU at 9:00am

Where: The ride will leave from the Hardee's/Chevron in Gurley on Hwy 72, 15 miles east of Huntsville.

The ride will be a mix of 2 and 4 lane roads. Very little interstate, if any. The ride will be about 200 miles with stops at least every hour. Most of the ride will be at cruising speeds.

I plan to be back in Gurley around  4:30-5:00pm. There will be several places where you can peel off and head home.

All riders are invited. I ask that you ride within your limits and enjoy the ride.

JBMFT

Wish I could make it, I worked in towing and recovery some years ago and have always wanted to go there.
Looking forward to the report on this one.

WECSOG

Sounds like a nice ride. I've been wanting to go to that museum too.

bergman32

Are you planning on going through Scottsboro. If so I'll wait for you at the Foodland grocery store. That way I want have to backtrack.

jrobinson

I plan to ride Hwy 35 from Woodville to Hollywood.

jrobinson

Well my charging system last 2 days after replacing the battery. I haven't had time to dig into the problem and doesn't look like this thing is going to act right anytime soon.

I'm postponing the ride until I'm confident in the bike again.

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

jrobinson

Stator bad on the bike. It won't charge, so I'm waiting on parts now. Hopefully it will be going soon.

kryten

Just got mine back after a bad stator. She stranded me a few miles from home but was running fine just the day before.