News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

LHM-E

Started by WECSOG, May 25, 2016, 08:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WECSOG

I know it's not in AL (close though, for those in HSV area) but has anyone ever ridden Lake Hill Motors East loop?
http://www.transamtrail.com/lake-hill-motors-east-loop/

buddymc

I rode the Dual Sport ride about 4 years ago from Lake Hill.  They have one coming up again soon.  Great bunch of riders from all over.  No idea where we went since I didn't have a roll chart or a GPS, and tagged along with my flight of 6 bikes.  Was an all day affair.
84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

WECSOG

I have the GPS file, and am thinking about riding it from the other direction since I'm not far from Fayetteville.

griff

Thanks for posting. I didn't know this existed.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

WECSOG

It's a pretty nice ride. I drove part of it in my wife's Jeep a few days ago; just the section from Fayetteville to Elkton. Turns out I have ridden part of it before on my Sportster. If this section is any indication (and I think it is), the entire thing can be ridden on a street bike.
At the same time though, it can be ridden on something as small as a Trail 70 because there is very little traffic, and 35-40 mph doesn't seem slow on any of it.

I personally like a little more dirt and some camping opportunities. But it's still a nice ride, and I plan to ride all of it this year.