News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Memorial Day Weekend Mountain Ride.

Started by klaviator, May 26, 2016, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

It looks like I'm free for the weekend so I'm planning on heading out in search of curves and scenery.  I'm planning on leaving early Sat morning and riding to Blue Ridge Cycle Camp via a bazillion curves.  Then Sunday I'll head up North to ride the fantastic but mostly unknown roads in Madison County.  Monday will be return home via a Bazillion curves.

If anyone is interested in riding along and we can set up a place and time to meet.

Rough route:  72 - 156 - 24 -75 then back roads after Chattanooga.  This will be a mostly street ride but a couple of dirt roads will be in the route.  I'll be on a street bike with street tires so nothing challenging. 

BuckeyeDoug

Have fun!  I just got back from 4 days in North GA, including runs to Gap and another to Maggie Valley.  Weather was awesome and everything was in bloom (allergies were hell!), and surprisingly not a lot of traffic on the scenic twisties over the weekend.  Hope you get great weather this weekend.  Look forward to learning some new roads in your trip report.

DR650RIDER

I was thinking of heading up to Robbinsville NC early Sat morning via Tellico Plains TN (Cherohala Skyway ). Does your route happen to involve anything along those lines? If it does maybe we can meet up somewhere.

klaviator

Quote from: DR650RIDER on May 27, 2016, 08:04:09 PM
I was thinking of heading up to Robbinsville NC early Sat morning via Tellico Plains TN (Cherohala Skyway ). Does your route happen to involve anything along those lines? If it does maybe we can meet up somewhere.

After Chattanooga I'm going north on 75, then picking up 64 east, 30 to Reliance, 315 past Cherohala mtn trails campground and 39 to Tellico Plains.  Then over the skyway.  The best roads come after that.  I haven't figured out the timing yet.  I sent you my cell via PM.

DR650RIDER

Thanks, I got it. I'm running a little late. I'll be leaving out of Sylacauga in about 30 mins.