News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2016-05-26 thru 29 Tellico Plains Adventure

Started by kdtrull, May 31, 2016, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

Looks like a great time.   The missus and I are headed up that way for very the 4th of July. 

kdtrull

Last post. Saturday, picture/video summary

My oldest boy says "Namaste, Crackers".

Have a lovely evening...and start planning for the weekend!!!

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on June 08, 2016, 10:01:45 PM

You found the ruins!

You are the current world champion ambassador for dual sporting.  Bravo!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

I'm going to chime in here. In the video, the last water crossing that was on that road is tricky. I did get across without damaging the motorcycle or any Randy parts, what I lacked in style was made up for by not having to pick up my motorcycle.  The ribbing that Wayne gave me when we showed him the video was almost like my brothers giving me hell. Just like family.

Guidedawg

My oldest boy says "Namaste, Crackers".

Based upon your trip reports, videos, and pics, I think the path to inner peace is more easily obtained by a good bike, unexplored roads, and a sense of adventure.

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 08, 2016, 10:36:21 PM

You found the ruins!

You are the current world champion ambassador for dual sporting.  Bravo!

Little late with this one but while I was laid up in the house with the Winter blues, Randy was still WOT camping in January and finding this stuff so he could show it to the less gifted of us.  He has a GPS but he doesn't use waypoints...he returns to them by memory...I can't imagine.  The venerable lazeebum gets this one....I was a tag-along.

And, that craggy old owl-snot slick rock was edited down to a fraction of the time it took us to cross it without falling over.  It has a mostly gravel side you could zip right through but we were practicing to be high speed, low drag, slip-n-slide bad arses.  When we told Kelly that, she horse-laughed us....then said "dufus...we told you where to cross".

lazeebum

The ruins are actually to be credited to Wayne, the campground owner. I was there earlier and was asking about bunny trails and he sent me to Lost Creek road.

Yankee Dog

We have been on Lost Creek. And I know the ruins and pipe are on a side road. But we were by ourselves and too chicken to go exploring down an unknown one way road. 

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on June 12, 2016, 07:25:00 PM
We have been on Lost Creek. And I know the ruins and pipe are on a side road. But we were by ourselves and too chicken to go exploring down an unknown one way road.

It's not far off Lost Creek.  I'll either send you a waypoint or the coordinates or both.