News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The Bluesman Challenge

Started by jrobinson, June 02, 2016, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

The Bluesman Challenge

Several years ago, I would post up a Monthly Challenge. There would be a list of 10 goals for the month. Some were easy, some medium and some were tough. David always went out and got as many pics as he could.

After 4-5 months of posting these challenges, I received a PM from Bluesman. In the PM he thanked me for posting and challenging him to push the boundaries of his comfort zone while riding.

I didn't expect anyone to send me a "thanks", but that is David.  David made Bamarides a better place and me a better person.

Rest in Peace my friend.

In honor of Bluesman, I've put together a list of challenges for June. Post up your pics. Must have bike and/or riding attire in the photo.

1. Bluesman was 57 years old when he was called home. - Your bike and the number 57 or something symbolic of 57.

2. Bluesman Loved hamburgers - You and a hamburger

3. Glenn tried to get him to eat more Salads - You and a salad

4. Bluesman rode a White Harley Sportster - your bike and a bike matching 2 of the 3 features of his bike, white, Harley, Sportster.

5. Bluesman was a member of CMA - Christian Motorcyclists Association - Your bike and a CMA member 

6. Blue in name on sign.

7. Bluesman last post in our Theme Tag - Your bike at old theater

8. Bluesman lived in the River Region - Bike at a river

9. Bluesman was a Christian Man that enjoyed riding - Bike at a church

10. Wildcard - Anything in memorial to David "Bluesman" Fail

Guidedawg

Thanks for agreeing to the tribute.  It's a pity that I have photos of several of these but none that were taken this month, so time to search and ride.

VWCarlos

This is an awesome tribute to David. I am sure he is smiling about this one...

I for one will be doing my best to complete all of these!
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Nice Goat

If you are going to participate in the challenge, start a new thread under Riding Games.  Give it the title of "My Bluesman Challege" or something like that.  That way all of your pictures are in your thread and they don't get all mixed up with others.  Feel free to add commentary about Bluesman or remembrance of friends in general as you document your challenge.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Also, the photos should be new photos, not stock.  That's the way the challenges used to work.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."