News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Leapfrog Photo and Video Ride 6-4-16

Started by klaviator, June 04, 2016, 02:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

That last spot was the best of the day.  I took a few pics while we were there.

What a great curve! 

klaviator

I missed posting one of my better pics of Johnny so I just added it to reply#11

After the last stop we headed home.  I made it home before any heavy rains moved in and rode just under 200 miles.  It was a good ride and it was great spending some time with Johnny.  We took some pics and video.  They weren't perfect and there is certainly room for improvement but I think we learned a lot from this.  We plan on doing a ride like this again in the future, hopefully with more people.  I think I have a pretty good idea of how to make this work and will be discussing it in the near future.  So if you wanted in on this but missed out, you'll have one or maybe more chances.  We may try this again soon and then again in the fall when the leaves are changing color. 

Comments or suggestions are welcomed.  We both learned form this ride but certainly don't have all the answers on how to make a ride like this come out just right.

kdtrull

Way to go fellers.  I would have liked to take a shot or two of y'all.  The only good camera I have is a DSLR but it makes nice video at over 45Mbits per second....which compresses much more nicely than my cheesy little helmet cam.  I think the big camera would be manageable for a special trip like this.  Of course, you always get nice stills with a DSLR.  Good high ISO performance can help keep the shutter speed up, even on cloudy days or in shadows. 

Maybe next time.  Today, I had to earn my next kitchen pass from The Warden after being away all last weekend.  So I rode my bike to Waynesboro, TN  :D and watched her and the boys run a 5K.  She finished 2nd of 31 in her age group.  Then I took the very long way home.  Got lucky with the rain.

Thanks for sharing.

VWCarlos

Awesome report and great pictures... I am thinking the Cheaha area could be a great setting for this type ride as well...
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100